in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-07-2011 12:18 PM by beojeff. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2011 4:48 AM

Beosystem 3 and BV4-50( no DVI) from 2005

Hi everyone,

I.ve just bought a BV4-50 and a Beosyetm 1. I would like to use my Beovsystem 3 connected to the BV4 and sell the Beosystem 1. My question is:  it is possible to connect the Beosystem 3 with a BV4-50?

The Beovision does not have any DVI connection!

Thanks anyone in advance!

all sold!

• 05-07-2011 7:24 AM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 3 and BV4-50( no DVI) from 2005

I'm encountering a similar situation with my BeoVision 4. If you look at the underside of the screen, you'll see that there are several "slots." Each slot can accommodate a different type of input. For example, you probably have at least a VGA slot and a component slot right now. The unused ones are covered by plates. You need to determine with generation of screen you have. For example, D6, D7, D8, etc. Then find a Panasonic HDMI blade for that generation of monitor to insert into one of the empty slots. It just pops in. Nothing technical about it. I think the firmware of the BeoVision might have to be updated and configured so that it defaults to the appropriate slot for HDMI. I'm sure more technically minded BeoWorlders will know.

• 05-07-2011 8:49 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

You need a DVI or HDMI board for the BV4. You need to ensure that the DVI board is appropriate for the Panasonic plasma panel version. B&O will probably need to update the software in the panel - you probably won't be able to activate the board without taking off the bezel otherwise.

• 05-07-2011 9:55 AM In reply to

thanks for help!!!

I wonder if I use a DVI to VGA connector on my BS3, and then connect the BV4 via VGA, it will work? This will be a temporary solution till I find the parts!

thanks

all sold!

• 05-07-2011 12:18 PM In reply to

11048437:

thanks for help!!!

I wonder if I use a DVI to VGA connector on my BS3, and then connect the BV4 via VGA, it will work? This will be a temporary solution till I find the parts!

thanks

You might want to google and take at look at the HDFury. I use one to connect my BeoSystem 3 to my Sim2 projector, which has VGA but no DVI or HDMI. The HDFury takes the DVI connection from the BeoSystem 3 and converts it to VGA while satisfying the HDCP handshake, which is extremely important. I would highly recommend that you get the power cable for the HDFury. Without the power cable, the performance was pretty poor. However, with the power cable it performed beautifully.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)