in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-05-2011 11:01 AM by James. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2011 6:25 PM

• James
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-04-2011
    • UK
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 901 help

I recently acquired a Beomaster 901 with one speaker channel not working... generally it's very dirty but all working, apart from the speaker channel and the lights.  I would really love to get this machine up and running again but I don't have the knowledge to to do this so could do with some help. I live in Northamptonshire and looking for anyone relatively close who could give me a hand??

Any help much appriciated.

James

Filed under:
  • 10-20-2011 1:24 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beomaster 901 help

I take it you already checked the balance control ?
    Is one channel silent on all sources (FM/LW/Tape...)?
    Will it produce the normal thumb sound at power up and/or at source switching like the other channel ?

Martin

• 11-05-2011 11:01 AM In reply to

• James
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-04-2011
    • UK
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beomaster 901 help

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply.

I have checked the balance.

the channel does pop on start up and there is some sound which is faint and crackling but in camparison to the other channel you can hear there is omething wrong.  Since my last post I have left the 901 with a guy who may be able to fix it and I am waiting to hear back. Also, I have just purchased a tape deck Beocord 1101 which gives me a really lovely set up. so looking forward to having it all up and running. The tape deck has a teak finish so I might replace it with rosewood to complement the rest of the system.  Very exciting lol, when it all works. 

I'll let you know as sson as I hear from the repair guy about the 901 and take it from there. I am hoping to that he will be able to replace the bulbs which have gone... 

cheers

james

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)