in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-16-2011 3:05 PM by Bieele. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-16-2011 3:08 AM

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Hello Gents,

I know the topic of hdmi expanders for B&O tv's with limited HDMI connections has been discussed before. But I can not find one thing:

I have a BV8-40 with 2 hdmi connection and I have a projector. Currently I am using a hdmi splitter to send the signal from my PS3 to the BV8 and projector. Works quite well but not perfectly (sometimes the BV8 does not detect the signal properly).

Now my question:

I would like to add the Apple tv (2nd generation) which only has a hdmi connection. I know that some Gefen switches are compatable. I was wondering if I could also use a 2X2 switch of Gefen (see picture below).

Does anybody have experience with a simliar setup?

I use a 3D beamer; this is a 1.3 HDMI switch; but I expect the 3D will pass through. Any thoughts/concerns on this?

Regards!

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 10-16-2011 6:47 AM In reply to

Re: hdmi switch

I use this Gefen HDMI switch. Works perfectly.
  • 10-16-2011 6:48 AM In reply to

Is the BV8 HDMI 1.3? If not, you won't get a 3D signal passed to the projector. HDMI splitters will force the signal down to the lowest common denomenator of HDMI version. For example, I tried using a splitter to connect my PS3 to my BeoSystem 3 for sound and my 3D tv for 3D video. It won't work. Since the BeoSystem 3 is only HDMI 1.1, the PS3 detects the tv as 1.1 instead of 1.4 and no 3D signal is sent.

• 10-16-2011 3:05 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

@Griebel: Thanks, helps a lot to know this will work

@beojeff: No idea what the hdmi version of the BV8 is. Currently I use an hdmi splitter between my PS3 and BV8/Projector. 3D only works for movies in the half-SBS format (which I think does not need hdmi 1.4). When I only connect the projector to the splitter, the PS3 recognizes a 3D compatable display; with the BV8 and projector connected to the splitter it does not work. Seems to be due to the reasons you mention. I hoped it would work with the Gefen splitter since the specification mentions that the signal send to the primary output will be "duplicated" to the secundary output (see note below). Therefore I hoped that connecting the projector to the primary and the BV8 to the secundary would work for 3D. Assuming that the BV8 could handle the sound signal over hdmi. But even if it does not work this way; I will still get the same capability as I have now (half-sbs formats working).

I searched for a good place to buy this Gefen switch; best price I found is on an America ebay shop. Does anybody know a good european shop that ships to the Netherlands? The one adress I found is almost double the price compared to the US shop.

Thanks!

Bieele 

Note Gefen specifications:  
    All displays that cannot show the same video resolutions as the Primary Display connected to Output #1 may fail to show a picture. Secondary displays follow the Primary by sharing the resolution and capability information (EDID) obtained from the Primary Display. 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)