in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-07-2011 10:19 PM by Evan. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2011 1:55 PM

Beobundle Updated

Having a clear out, all funds will go to part finance my 1970 Saab 95!

For collection from Mid Devon, or Exeter or even local delivery!

Beomaster 6500-all working and in good condition sold!

Beocord 6500-seems to be working ok but the only cassette I have left is an old copy of Pink Floyd's animals and it did sound  bit 'wowey' so perhaps might need a tinker. sold!

Beogram 5005-working fine with MMC4 which is also fine (been on it since I bought it secondhand about five years ago)

Beogram 1203 -working ok, motor correct speed but a little noisy. maybe due to lack of use and may quieten down or can be used as is. Fitted with working stylus.

can also supply some pretty average B&O bookshelf speakers Beovox 1001 which are in the loft somewhere if required. sold!

That's about it. I bought the Beomaster and Beocord several years ago and have never used them! I bought them because they looked smart and I like beostuff but I really only ever use my beocenter 9000 and so all these bits are just taking up space in a tiny cottage!

Would like £250 for the lot - will not post.

Simon

Can supply detailed pictures on request

So, now left with the two Beograms. £100 for the two collected from Devon!

Simon

• 03-29-2011 2:34 PM In reply to

Re: Beobundle

Simon,

You have a PM

Cleve

• 03-29-2011 2:45 PM In reply to

I think we may need to send around the men in the white coats! Big Smile

• 03-29-2011 4:14 PM In reply to

well I seriously wouldn't advise sending men in white coats around. It's the Beovox 1001s he wanted and I've just got them down from the loft covered in a very unpleasant thick layer of grey dust! White coats not appropriate!

All items still available -treat it as a house clearance and make an offer - might even find some more beogoodies to throw in!

Simon

• 03-30-2011 12:30 PM In reply to

Peter :

Why, I am not addicted?  I have my buying under strict control.  I am a 'social' beobuyer only. 

Seriously though, with the future of my job within the public sector in jeopardy, I'm not sure how I will be able to finance my addiction  social problem in the future.  Frede had agreed to do some restoration work on the BM4400, but that has had to be postponed until the immediate future is a little clearer.

However, among my various bits and pieces lying arouind as 'future projects' is a Beomaster 1001 - I thought a pair of Boovox 1001s might just take the edge off the craving for a few months, at hopefully not too great a cost!

Cleve 

• 03-30-2011 12:44 PM In reply to

Cleviebaby:
    However, among my various bits and pieces lying arouind as 'future projects' is a Beomaster 1001 - I thought a pair of Boovox 1001s might just take the edge off the craving for a few months, at hopefully not too great a cost!

I almost bought some with the same deal I got my Beolit 1000, the seller offered them as an option. Only when I got there, I realised the listing was actually for a Beovox 1001 Laughing

I skipped that, but the single speaker did sound really nice, and seemed like just the thing you'd want for a vintage wall mount setup Smile

-mika

• 03-30-2011 2:59 PM In reply to

so the beovox 1001s aren't as bad as my father led me to believe? He had them as rear speakers in his beomaster 4400 setup. Main speakers were massive great beovoxes that would shake the whole row of houses when he cranked his Buddy Rich albums up to eleven!

• 03-30-2011 3:28 PM In reply to

Cleviebaby:

Peter :

Why, I am not addicted?  I have my buying under strict control.  I am a 'social' beobuyer only. 

Big Smile

I do have a few bits and pieces which I never use which I would like to see go to a good home - you don't want a nice V8800 do you? I will never really use it - it does work - it was one of Tim's that he gave me and he gave it the once over when I last saw him. I even have a few tapes! Just carrying it around should relieve a few cravings!!

• 03-30-2011 8:48 PM In reply to

Peter :

I do have a few bits and pieces which I never use which I would like to see go to a good home - you don't want a nice V8800 do you? I will never really use it - it does work - it was one of Tim's that he gave me and he gave it the once over when I last saw him. I even have a few tapes! Just carrying it around should relieve a few cravings!!

Thanks for the typically generous offer, Peter, but I think I'll draw the line at VHS - I don't even have a televison anymore  - my LX5500 died last year!

With 3 decent cassette decks (BC 9000, Beocenter 4000 (70s model) Beocenter 9500) and the BS 2500 I can manage a fair few hours recording off radio as it is.  I know Tim still values VHS as a recording medium, but it would just add yet another format for listening to music to the 5 I already have.

Cleve    

• 03-31-2011 4:00 AM In reply to

simon8201:

so the beovox 1001s aren't as bad as my father led me to believe? He had them as rear speakers in his beomaster 4400 setup. Main speakers were massive great beovoxes that would shake the whole row of houses when he cranked his Buddy Rich albums up to eleven!

A 4400 is probably too much for them, I'd rather pair them with the smaller early '70s receivers. They're not that great in absolute terms, but given the form factor they sound pretty good. They have a cone tweeter, so they are rather directional and that limits the placement somewhat.

-mika

• 03-31-2011 8:22 AM In reply to

The V8800 is actually V2000 rather than VHS. Huge recorder with a double sided tape! Technically better than VHS though never fully developed! Glad to see the virus is not completely dominant! Big Smile

• 03-31-2011 2:05 PM In reply to

Peter :

The V8800 is actually V2000 rather than VHS. Huge recorder with a double sided tape! Technically better than VHS though never fully developed! Glad to see the virus is not completely dominant! Big Smile

Peter, I should have realised you wouldn't have mistyped 'V8800' rather than 'V8000'! 

I'd forgotten all about B&O's use of the Phillips Video 2000 system - I can remember it being lauded as technically superior not just to the JVC VHS system but also to Sony's Betamax.  Very tempting, but I can and will resist!

Cleve

• 04-01-2011 4:14 AM In reply to

They have a veneer finish and in some ways resemble a very large Beocord 2400 (if you close you eyes!)

• 04-01-2011 5:10 AM In reply to

Cleviebaby:
    I'd forgotten all about B&O's use of the Phillips Video 2000 system - I can remember it being lauded as technically superior not just to the JVC VHS system but also to Sony's Betamax.

The main technical advantage in Video 2000 was that it had dynamic tracking. The video heads were mounted on piezoelectric chips and could be moved a little in relation to the video track very fast. This is needed for all special operations because fixed heads can't follow the entire 1/50 sec length of video track if the tape speed is anything but normal play/rec; thus V2000 decks achieved flawless special ops with only two video heads. Other formats followed with 4 or even more heads later, but still struggled to get rid of the visible noise bands.

Apart from this, the visible quality differences between formats weren't that great and often had more to do with the quality of a particular implementation than the format itself. The Betamax mechanism was inherently much faster in changing modes than VHS, though.

-mika

• 04-03-2011 7:17 AM In reply to

So, just left with the two Beograms. £100 for the two-surely a reasonable deal!

Simon

• 04-06-2011 1:30 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Man, if only i was over there! I have been aching for a 120x

Evan

• 04-06-2011 9:34 AM In reply to

Evan:

1202... beautiful!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 04-07-2011 12:45 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

burantek:

Evan:

1202... beautiful!

Thats the one for me! The background on my iPod is a pic of the tonearm from a 1202! Laughing

Evan

• 04-07-2011 9:25 AM In reply to

jump on a jumbo-pop down to Devon. Pick up two Beograms, place in overhead locker-job done!

Simon

• 04-07-2011 10:19 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

simon8201:

jump on a jumbo-pop down to Devon. Pick up two Beograms, place in overhead locker-job done!

So does that include trans-atlantic airfare?! Laughing

Evan

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)