in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-13-2011 3:10 AM by moxxey. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2011 4:01 AM

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beocom 5 ringing problem

Bought my first bit of B&O kit for ages, recently: two Beocom 5 phones. Impressed, great call quality, speakerphone enables you to chat to a caller whilst walking around the office (which is slightly bizarre) and many other cool features. Recommended, albeit expensive!

Only problem is the ringer. We have two phones in the office connected to the same line. They both ring, but the second phone has a slight delay. Answer one of the phones and the other carries on ringing for a second or two after the first is answered.

Anyone else get this? It's not a major issue, but slightly odd.

• 04-10-2011 5:31 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 5 ringing problem

I purchased one recently as well, and like the phone, though not so sure speaker / call quality on a par with either beocom 2 or 6000. In fact briefly considered returning and reverting to a 6000. I am wondering whether this may be a result of the duplex function.

Anyway, also have two phones to the same line - also have a corded phone - and have the same ring delay on answering; often the caller will ask whether I need to answer the other phone! Prior to the beocom 5 I had the 6000 connected, and same delay. I guess this is the BT line connection as opposed to a phone issue.

• 04-13-2011 2:32 AM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

We have two beocom 6000's and a beocom 5 on a single beoline base and get the same issue as well. Whilst answering any of the phones, the other two will continue to ring for a second or two.

• 04-13-2011 3:10 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Sadly it's got to be a B&O issue not a BT problem. Before installing the Beocom 5's, we had 2 x BT digital cordless phones using the same setup. No issues with delayed ringing on the other phone with those BT phones.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)