in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-16-2011 10:19 AM by dug11. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-13-2011 6:48 AM

• dug11
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-10-2010
    • Posts 50
    • Silver Member

beovox s75 tweeter

hi all. i just bought beovox s75 speakers but sadly one of the tweeters doesent work. is it possible that is crossover fault or it just gone?

how to check it? and is it possible to buy replacement one.

and maybe anyone has unneeded grills for these speakers (i bought them without)

many thanks for answers

• 03-13-2011 7:59 AM In reply to

Re: beovox s75 tweeter

take out the  tweeter and run an run an ohm test. That will also give you the opportunity to have a look at the crossover. while your inside. visually you can look for burned resistors or perhaps a faulty/loose wire. Another test once you have the tweeter out is to use a d cell battery and two small pieces of wire to plunge the magnet backwards. It should plunge free and without a lot of static (scratch). Failing any of these test means a bad tweeter.

You can access the insides by first removing the bass driver.

As for a original replacemnt eBay or someone here may have one if you need it.  Probably going to be easier to find a tweeter than grills. More likely you will have to make new ones.

• 03-13-2011 10:02 AM In reply to

• dug11
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-10-2010
    • Posts 50
    • Silver Member

i have checked crossover and one of resistors(i think) looks like smoked (this marked on picture)

where can i buy it?

• 03-13-2011 11:28 AM In reply to

dug11:

i have checked crossover and one of resistors(i think) looks like smoked (this marked on picture)

where can i buy it?

I dont know where you can buy that resistor. But you can certainly find suitable replacements. Just make sure you match ohm values. Where to buy depends on location. In North America its Parts Express or Madisound. Over there you may want to wait for another member to come along and guide you along to where you need to go.

Also since you have them apart you may want to consider replacing the old capacitors (probably at the end of their lives). You certainly can source them yourself but rebuilds kits are available from Beoworld member Dillen. He may also have the resistor(s) you will need to affect repairs.

I have recapped numerous sets of Beovox speakers myself and I am always amazed by how much the sound quality and detail is improved. You wont be disappointed. Its worth every dollar, quid, euro or whatever.

You still need to test that tweeter !! I had a burned up cross once that cut the midrange, unfortunately I also had to replace the driver as well.

• 03-13-2011 12:07 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

I have
    - Tweeter (used, original, tested)
    - Capacitor kit
    - Plastic grills without cloth (used) - I can recloth them if needed.
    - One logo badge (another will turn up some time)
    The resistor doesn't look too bad in the photo, it may still be OK but if you can tell
    me the ohmic value stamped on it, I can probably also find one of them.

Where are you ?

Martin

• 03-13-2011 1:01 PM In reply to

• dug11
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-10-2010
    • Posts 50
    • Silver Member

hi Dillen

im in UK. crossovers shown on photo are not mine they are just to show wich one is "smoked"

i found crossovers on Ebay but no warranty that they works.

how much you want for grills with postage to UK?

• 03-13-2011 6:40 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Dillen:

Don't suppose you have any M70 grills and logo badges.....just started working on them again.  About to resurrect my old thread.

Rich

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 03-15-2011 7:19 AM In reply to

• dug11
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-10-2010
    • Posts 50
    • Silver Member

Hello again. im looking for someone who can fix my beovox. so if someone is near cv37 post code and can do it please let me know.

(tweeter doesn`t work in one of them)

• 03-16-2011 10:19 AM In reply to

• dug11
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-10-2010
    • Posts 50
    • Silver Member

hi all again

it`s not crossover. tweeter is dead...

is there any replacement one wich i can buy in UK?

if not question to Dillen how much you want for yours?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)