in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-25-2011 8:49 AM by Raeuber. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2011 6:01 AM

iPod System Dock and Avant

Hi - I have an AVANT RF VCR and the two scart sockets are used for DVD1 and SKY - if I get the iPod System dock so I need an AV2 expander or will it simply not work. I can disable the internal VCR and use that socket if not. Has anyone any experience of using the dock with an Avant?

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 02-24-2011 12:40 PM In reply to

Re: iPod System Dock and Avant

Hi,

the VCR socket only works with the internal VCR, not with other sources.

Use the camera socket on top of your Avant.

/Räuber

• 02-24-2011 5:50 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Raeuber:

Hi,

the VCR socket only works with the internal VCR, not with other sources.

Use the camera socket on top of your Avant.

/Räuber

On my Avant there is a jack to phone lead connected to the camera connection. Which I use for my MP3 playback, it works perfectly!.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 02-25-2011 8:06 AM In reply to

Thanks for the replies - I had thought about using teh camera socket but the system dock looks like it connects via scart and presumably this works all around the house?

I have been able to disable the internal video and use the socket in the past by going into the engineer menu and selecting the variant as being without a VCR, but this reassigns the sockets and means that I cant use RGB for Sky

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 02-25-2011 8:49 AM In reply to

If the system dock has a scart socket, you can use an adapter for connection to the camera socket. But the camera socket can only be used at the avant, not in link rooms via masterlink.

I had also disabled the VCR in the service menue, but there is no way to use the VCR scart socket for other sources.

/Räuber
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)