in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2011 3:12 PM by johncollyer. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2008 5:55 AM

• Dave0280
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2008
    • Birmingham, UK
    • Posts 126
    • Gold Member

Beosound Century CD Mechanism Question

Hi all - looking for a decent century for my bedroom as the beocentre just takes up too much space in my room so the century is a great compact all in one system. Have seen one but the CD mechanism is faulty - CD spins but does not play. Are these repairable as I think this is an old one (1999 I think but not 100% sure) or is it a case of the part doesn't exist now so your stuffed!!

Thanks in advance - Dave.

Dave - Birmingham, UK
  • 07-04-2008 7:20 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Beosound Century CD Mechanism Question

Fairly sure you can get lasers for these if it's faulty, but i have never had a single one back to me with a duff laser..

I have seen them where the transit screws have never been undone, and i have also come across ones that have been cleaned and had a big fingerprint or duster smudge across the laser..  For the latter, a feather-touch careful clean has done the trick.

Lee

Smile 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-21-2011 8:23 AM In reply to

• wake76
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-11-2008
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

I have the same issue with my B&O Century. 

When trying to play CD, the CD starts rotating and after few seconds its stops. I've tried to clean the laser optical lense, but not influence on the issue. Is there possibility to fix this by myself and is there any replacing parts for the optic unit?

Where these transit screws are located? at back cover of unit? or inside the case? 

• 02-21-2011 10:38 AM In reply to

The official B&O CD replacement kit is no longer available for non polished clamper versions. This info from my dealer around 6 months ago.

Later versions are still catered for.

The fault is likely to be capacitor(s) on the servo board although this is a guess  as I have never had a faulty one in and I haven't perused the service manual.

Regards Graham

• 02-22-2011 12:12 PM In reply to

I have repaired a few Centurier and Overtures amd I have had faulty lasers and capacitors on the servo boards

Stuart

• 02-22-2011 3:12 PM In reply to

Hi, I had the same problem with my Century about a year ago, I put it in to B&O for a repair, new laser fitted, works fine now but cost over £400.00. Thats a lot of money for a machine that old but just look at it!! its well worth it!!!!

John. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)