in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-21-2011 4:56 AM by Hildebrand. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2011 11:51 PM

Beosystem 1 surround options

Beosystem 1 with SW 4.9 dated dec 2004. That is what i read from back panel, is there a way to check that through any menu. I have yet to get a dts or other option active on this unit. So far only surround option i get to choose is dolby pro logic. Is it because it has old SW version. I played blu ray and other dvd on Ps3 and input the sound into BS1 using a toslink optical cable for audio and hdmi to my plasma for video. Why is that i never get any other option on my BS1? Thanks

Beovox RL 60.2, RL 6000, S45-2, CX 50, Cona, Beolink Passive, MCL2P, BM4500, Beosound 1, Beocenter 2500, Beolab 2500, Besound 4000, Beolab 4000, Beocom 6000, A8, Beosystem 1

• 02-21-2011 4:38 AM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 1 surround options

You don't choose the option, it all depends on the source material that is feed into the BeoSystem 1, from their the Black Box does the magic itself on the fly.

Specifics that I have noticed per the source

Music off a CD / AAC / MP3  -  Dolby Pro Logic is displayed

Dolby Digital 2-Channel / Dolby Digital Multi-Channel Source -  Dolby Digital is displayed

MPEG-2 Source  -  both Dolby Digital & Dolby Pro Logic is displayed

DTS Source -  DTS is displayed

When I am watch a basic channel through DirecTV and I look under Sound System it displays Dolby Digital.  When I am watch certain DVDs I have see it display Dolby ProLogic and if I select the audio as 7.1 DTS from one of my Blu-ray discs if avilable it displays DTS as the sound system current active!

Test it out, grab your varioues material and play each through your PS3 like you do!  Then as the material is playing press MENU on your Beo4 (I assume) to bring up the main menu then enter into the SETUP menu and final SOUND menu.  Once there select 5 Sound System and it will display on the screen what Suround Sound Mode its in.

Oooops correction seeing that you are not using the BeoSystem 1 as your video processor (seeing that you are HDMI out from your PS3 to your TV) you will not be able to see the Menu!  Just know that the BeoSystem 1 does switch suround sound modes depending on what source material is used!

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 02-21-2011 4:56 AM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 1 surround options

AS for checking out/verifying the SW version on your BeoSystem 1 you will need it to be connected to a display then you would enter the main TV SETUP menu by pressing  0  0  GO within 3 seconds on your Beo4 remote.

Once the Service Menu is displsyed select '3' - US BOX then '1' - US BOX INFORMATION

Your display should now look something like this

US BOX SERVICE MENU

VERSION
    -BOX         X.XX
    -MCAD       X.XX
    -CCDB       X.XX

LAST ERRORS

RUNTIME (DAYS):   XXX

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)