in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2011 5:09 PM by MurphyBrooks. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2011 4:16 PM

BeoSound 8 as TV speaker

I am sure most of you know this, but I figured it was worth posting my results now I've actually tried it.

We have a games room with a 42" Samsung plasma.  Picture is very good, but the sund from the nternal speakers is so bad that I honestly think they would be better off selling it without sound at all and letting people add on.  Anyway, I placed a BeoSound 8 under the TV, and connected the headphone jack to the phono in.

Excellent sound quality, volume output is still controlled from the samsung remote, and the BS 8 turns on and off when it connects the TV input.  With a PS3, and apple Tv connected to the TV I get sound from all through the BS8 with no messing, and so can airplay from an iPad/iPhone direct to the Apple TV.  If required you just stick an i device in the dock and that over rides the TV and instant music.

A brilliant solution, which outperforms any soundbar I have heard, with the added bonus of being able to dock a device directly.  If marketed as such I rekon they'd shift bucketloads.

• 02-22-2011 5:09 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSound 8 as TV speaker

Did the same thing with mine - it is mounted to kitchen wall with 15" Philips LCD above it. Drastically improved tv sound, and when I dock my iPad it hides the tv.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)