in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-29-2011 4:48 AM by Carolpa. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2011 7:43 AM

Possible to access A-AUX using AV command?

I would like to get the sound from my Beocenter 2 through my Beovision 10-40.

I have no problems to get e.g. CD or Radio sound through the BV10 by pressing "LIST" "AV" "CD" (or "RADIO").

I tried to find a "AV A-AUX" button or similar in the Beo4 "LIST" library, but there is none.

Any suggestions?

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 01-24-2011 8:36 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Possible to access A-AUX using AV command?

Now that Beo6 is available, why not see if your local dealer will do a deal on a Beo5? The Beo5 can be configured with pretty much whatever functions you need such as "AV-A.AUX" which as far as I know, isn't possible with a Beo4

Opman

• 01-24-2011 8:39 AM In reply to

Hi, I do not have a Beo4 on hand but the command should be there.

Can you not get the sound by pressing A.AUX directly?

Are the speakers connected to the BC2 rather than the BV10?

• 01-24-2011 8:48 AM In reply to

Hello,

why do you press "LIST AV CD" or "LIST AV RADIO" for listening CD or Radio and not only "CD" or "RADIO"? The AV command makes only sense if you want to see the picture of your BV 10-40 (p.e. a TV show) while listening CD or radio.

If you have connected another source to the AUX port of BC2, I think you can hear this source by pressing "LIST A.AUX" on Beo4. Or you use A.AUX directly at BC2.

The command "AV A.AUX" is not available on the newer Beo4. Only if you have an older Beo4 with AV hardkey, you can use this command by pressing LIST until A.AUX appears and then AV GO.

/Räuber 

• 01-24-2011 9:35 AM In reply to

PhilLondon:

Hi, I do not have a Beo4 on hand but the command should be there.

Can you not get the sound by pressing A.AUX directly?

Are the speakers connected to the BC2 rather than the BV10?

Speakers are connected to BC2. I have no problems getting sound from an AUX source through BC2 to the connected speakers by pressing A.AUX directly.

Of various reasons I sometimes want the AUX source to play through the TV loudspeakers.

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

• 01-24-2011 9:47 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

So you have the BC2 in A.OPT 1 and BV10 in V.OPT 1 - correct?

What happens if you press AV - A.MEM (A.TAPE) ? Maybe it opens the AUX port of your BC2 via BV10 - and that`s what you want - of various reasons....

But I`m not sure, I have no BC2...

Stefan

• 01-24-2011 12:00 PM In reply to

Hiort:

I would like to get the sound from my Beocenter 2 through my Beovision 10-40.

I have no problems to get e.g. CD or Radio sound through the BV10 by pressing "LIST" "AV" "CD" (or "RADIO").

I tried to find a "AV A-AUX" button or similar in the Beo4 "LIST" library, but there is none.

Any suggestions?

Put A-N.MUS in the Beo4 list. That should bring the A-AUX source to your TV speakers. Works that way with the BC9500/Avant.

David

• 01-24-2011 1:59 PM In reply to

david707:

Put A-N.MUS in the Beo4 list. That should bring the A-AUX source to your TV speakers. Works that way with the BC9500/Avant.

David

Thanks for the suggestion but it does not work.

TV goes on but no sound from the source connected to AUX at the BC2 and BC2 show N.Music in the display.

• 01-24-2011 2:01 PM In reply to

stefan:

So you have the BC2 in A.OPT 1 and BV10 in V.OPT 1 - correct?

What happens if you press AV - A.MEM (A.TAPE) ? Maybe it opens the AUX port of your BC2 via BV10 - and that`s what you want - of various reasons....

But I`m not sure, I have no BC2...

Stefan

Yes. Option settings as you mention. Nothing happens when I do what you suggest.

• 01-24-2011 2:20 PM In reply to

Connect all speakers to you TV and configure them in the Setting menu of the BV10.

Set the BV10 to V.OPT 2, and the Beocenter 2 to A.OPT 0.

You will not need to use the AV button any longer, and you'll gain Surround sound.

P.

• 01-24-2011 5:05 PM In reply to

Hiort:

Thanks for the suggestion but it does not work.

TV goes on but no sound from the source connected to AUX at the BC2 and BC2 show N.Music in the display.

Apologies, I am using Tape 2 on the 9500 which responds to A MEM 2 or N MUSIC and not A.AUX.

• 01-24-2011 9:30 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Hiort:

Of various reasons I sometimes want the AUX source to play through the TV loudspeakers.

... use a BeoLink 1000 and press "AV" , "SHIFT" , "RADIO" to get "AV-A.AUX"

• 01-25-2011 3:17 PM In reply to

I've just gone through this linking a BC2 to a BV5.

In the case of the BC2/BV5 set-up, with no external speakers and using the TV speakers only, the BC2 needs to be set to A Opt 0, and the TV to V Opt 2 on the Beo4. You must have a masterlink cable between the socket unit and the TV. Without the masterlink you can only play DVDs and CDs with the TV screen on, with no radio possible via the BC2. (I am making a big assumption that the BV10 set-up will be similar!.......PhilLondon (above) seems to confirm that it is!)

Graham

Edit I realise that I've not addressed the OP question about using A Aux!

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 01-26-2011 6:45 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

The crux of the problem is that on most Beo4's the "AV" command and the "A.AUX" command are both accessed using the list function. This means that it is not possible to use two consecutive list functions hence "AV-A.AUX" can't be done.

A Beo5 can have a button created with that specific command. I've done it and can confirm it works.

Opman

• 01-26-2011 7:01 AM In reply to

Try using  listAV-phono.  Depends on the BCEN2, but my Bsnd900 opens up its AUX input when listAVphono is used on a beo4 in the main room.

I use the listAV facility a lot.  My set up is :

AvantDVD ( with 4 x beolab) in same room as an ML'd  BSnd 9000.

In the Bsnd 9000 Aux is a beogram.

In the Avant VTAPE input is an audio only feed from my computer ( for spotify mainly, or i-player radio stuff)

So,  in the main room....I can leave the screen on ( rolling news, or maybe sports) and overlay the CD/Radio/LP/COMPUTER sound via the AV button.

I also use AV-VTAPE  to listen to my computer sources without energising the screen ( and also AV SAT to use my digibox as a digital radio).  This avoids screen burn and ( I assume) will prolong tube life.

There are also four link areas - kitchen, bathroom, garden and another avant.  The audio link rooms are optioned so I don't need to press AV before AUX or VTAPE.  Probably the most used source in the kitchen/bathroom/garden is VTAPE ( spotify).

• 01-26-2011 10:23 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

folkdeejay:

Try using  listAV-phono.  Depends on the BCEN2, but my Bsnd900 opens up its AUX input when listAVphono is used on a beo4 in the main room.

That was exactly my idea - using AV - A.MEM, because my BS9000 AUX input also starts up by A.MEM. Seems BC2 does not.

Stefan

• 01-26-2011 11:14 AM In reply to

thats the reason to have BL1000 at hand. Cool

• 01-27-2011 6:56 AM In reply to

just a simple workaround:

start AV CD; the sound of the cd starts on the tv

start AUX; the BC2 switches to AUX and you will hear the sound through the tv

• 01-29-2011 4:33 AM In reply to

Carolpa:

just a simple workaround:

start AV CD; the sound of the cd starts on the tv

start AUX; the BC2 switches to AUX and you will hear the sound through the tv

Good thinking, but when I do exactly that, the AUX source plays in the speakers connected to the BC2, and the CD sound continue to play in in the TV speakers. BC2 can play two sources simultaneously. Too bad in this scenario....

• 01-29-2011 4:48 AM In reply to

Start AV CD on BV10

Goto BL2000

Start AUX

If you have the BV10 and BC2 ML connected then you should hear the AUX source

Just out of curiousity are the BC2 and the BV10 connected with ML?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)