in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-30-2011 3:02 PM by David. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-30-2011 8:51 AM

• David
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • England
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

RE-BL X

Hello,

I have just had a BV7 installed by the dealers and I'm using the BEO6 to control it. I never had a BEO5 so this kind of remote is all new to me and I must admit I absolutly love it. Very easy to use once programmed.

Anway one problem I have got is controlling my PS3 with the BEO6. I have purchased a RE-BL X and my Bang Olufsen dealer has downloaded the XML file from the re-bl website and added it to the BEO6.

Does anyone on here use the re-bl x? If so can you give me a rundown on your "on" and "off" sequences?

When I press PS3 on my BEO6 screen it turns the tv on to the correct AV output and brings up the re-bl pages on my BEO6. I then scroll to the next page and press " Standby" which turns on the PS3 and the PS3 start up menu appears on the tv. I can then use the BEO6 to control the PS3......great.

My "off" sequence is a little strange.

When I press "PWR OFF" on the re-bl page on the BEO6 the PS3 turns off but the tv goes into a black screen mode which cannot be turned off with the remote. To escape from this screen I have to select another av source ( i.e Sky) then turn the system off altogether with the red power off button on the BEO6.

I was thinking that there might be a tv off sequence missing from my BEO6 re-bl porgram.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

David.

Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, LG CX65, Beosystem 3, Beosound 9000, Beolab 3500

• 01-30-2011 2:26 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Re: RE-BL X

Hello David,

The Power-off key on Beo6 turns off the PS3 only and has no effect on your TV.

So the situation you describe seems to be normal.

Did your dealer install the "PS3-RE.BL" PUC in your TV?

The PUC gives 4 options to turn off a device:

--> On source change --> While PS3 is on its menu (XMB interface), if you change to DTV the PS3 should turn off.

--> On TV standby --> While PS3 is on its menu, it should turn off when you turn off the TV.

--> Always on --> No comment :)

--> Manual --> You have to turn the PS3 On or Off using the Beo6, then change the source or directly turn the TV off with the red button.

If the PUC has been installed on your TV, this setting is available following this sequence (at least on a BV9 and using a Beo5):

Menu (Twice if you are on DTV or another PUC source).

Options

Connexions (sources)

AVxx (xx is the input on which the PS3 is connected)

GO

The PUC is in the "STB" section (scroll between sections using the Left/right keys), select the Sony PS3 RE-BL item.

GO

IR

Select the mode you prefer

GO

Exit.

If you are not familiar to setting up your TV, I suggest that you contact your dealer. It mighf be the opportunity to have the PUC file installed in your TV.

Kind regards,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 01-30-2011 3:02 PM In reply to

• David
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-05-2007
    • England
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Re: RE-BL X

Hello Yann,

No I don't have the puc for the re-bl on my list. I shall get B&O to install it.

Many Thanks,

David.

Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, LG CX65, Beosystem 3, Beosound 9000, Beolab 3500

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)