in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-14-2007 8:43 AM by Saxpy. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-13-2007 8:39 AM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Lintronic signal converter & B&O IR eye

Would someone please advise me on whether or not the genuine BeoLink IR eye is functonal with Lintronic's signal converter (we're looking at getting a second hand B&O eye)?? Or will we have to cough up the cash on a "plasma protected" IR eye that Lintronic offer?

Thanks in advance!

David 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 07-13-2007 9:23 AM In reply to

• Saxpy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 24
    • Bronze Member

Re: Lintronic signal converter & B&O IR eye

The one that Lintronic sells is just a standard B&O one so a used one should be ok. I take it you don't have a plasma screen...

The one that is sold by Lintronic I just ordered from my local B&O store for far less money.

• 07-13-2007 11:47 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Thank you! That helps alot Smile

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 07-14-2007 7:25 AM In reply to

"The one that is sold by Lintronic I just ordered from my local B&O store for far less money"

The plasma protected B&O receiver we sell, is an original B&O receiver for PC2.

Our price is the same price as you find in any B&O store .... as we actually purchase it at a local B&O dealer and we do not make any margin on that product. We simply carry the product to help our customers close their orders without the need of going anywhere for the receiver. We allow ourself to charge for freight costs, so maybe that is why you are able to buy it a "far less money" if you went to pick it up yourself.

Alternatively we order the TT-IR-1455 which is not plasma protected.

Regards,
    Michael Lindgaard, LinTronic

• 07-14-2007 8:43 AM In reply to

• Saxpy
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 24
    • Bronze Member

Hi Michael,

I  just ordered one from my local B&O store(that I have never visited before actually) and was offered it at 460SEK incl. VAT, which is about 50Euro incl VAT, give or take a few percent. I don't know the official list price in Sweden on this particular item but I would imagine that the store wouldn't charge less. Some other stores that I was in contact with wanted almost 200Euro incl VAT for the same item.

However, if you say that it normally is more expensive then it probably is and my local store screwed up and read the wrong price or something. We'll see on Wednesday when I go and pick it up. :-) Maybe I'll save a bundle, maybe not...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)