in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-22-2011 10:20 AM by Karla. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-21-2011 4:28 PM

BV7 Apple TV2 and Mac Mini

Guys

I have MK1 BV7 and I currently have connected a dreambox (through the DV-i port), a mac mini (sadly with SCART even though the mac mini has a DVI) and I know want to add the Apple TV2 but run out of ports.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks O.

• 01-21-2011 11:27 PM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7 Apple TV2 and Mac Mini

This might not be very elegant, but you could use the set up from my link below and connect through the Sockets for Temp Connections on the back of the BV7. This setup works on the Avant.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/37048.aspx

• 01-22-2011 5:43 AM In reply to

Thank you Karla.

I was thinking to try the HDMI to component cables but I am not if they would work.

• 01-22-2011 10:20 AM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

The HDMI to Composite or Component is an interesting topic of which I now know more than I ever cared to learn, and this all happened because I wanted to use ATV2 with my Avant.

To begin, for ease of connection I have chosen to use the composite conversion.

You will need to use a convertor box that allows HDMI input with an output of composite. Many audio receivers that are used for surround sound have this feature for the purpose of splitting the sound and signal. If you chose the wrong convertor box you will not get a picture, or you will get a gray scale picture, or something with wavy lines.

Depending on your television you will want to simply convert digital to analog or you might need a downscaler for the television to recognize the signal. For the Avant, I needed to convert the signal to analog and downscale.

There are sets of cables which purport to make these changes by just using the cables alone, but read carefully about their use and success. The reviews in Amazon are very good for a learning base on these cables.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)