in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-23-2011 8:57 AM by Raeuber. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2011 5:36 PM

CAMERA and Beo4

Hello,

I have connected an Apple TV 2 with a HDMI-converter to the camera socket at the top of my Avant in my mainroom (because no more scart socket available).

First question:

If I want to watch from the ATV2 in my linkroom on my BV 10, I need to call LINK CAMERA or LINK AV CAMERA (for stereo music). Both is not possible with Beo4, because these commands are not available on Beo4. Am I right or is there a solution with my Beo4? Is this possible with Beo5 or Beo6?

Second question:

I want to mute the sreen of the Avant when I hear music over the ATV. The P.MUTE command doesn´t work with my Avant 32 VCR. So I use AV CAMERA on my old Beo4 to mute the screen. I also have a new Beo4 without the AV hardkey (AV is only available with the LIST function). I think it is not possible to mute the screen with the new Beo4, because no more AV button and the softkey "AV CAMERA" is not available. Do you know a solution?

Thanks for your answers.

Regards

Räuber

• 01-22-2011 6:15 PM In reply to

Re: CAMERA and Beo4

Try to rename your camera to eg. VAUX. Will standing on Connections/Sources press Menu. Then you will enter the Camera menu. Depending on your softwareversion, you will be able to rename the camera to PC, VAUX or what's shown in the menu.

Mayby then an appropriate AV instruction will be available. (eg. A-VAUX).

• 01-22-2011 6:16 PM In reply to

Hi, having investigated a bit around remote control codes and MasterLink codes when I programmed Linkplayer, I can say that the "Camera" key is not really handled as a "Source" like TV, DTV, V.AUX, but is more like a function, like MENU. This is why you will not find LINK or AV - CAMERA.

To my knowledge "Camera" cannot be transferred to another TV through Masterlink.

P.

• 01-22-2011 7:37 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

I use the Camera button in a linked setup and have done through various B&O Televisions - now BV7-40. Took a while to work it out. In my case video has to be on and connected for it to work. Great for a WII. P.Mute does not work.

cheers, beoaus

• 01-23-2011 7:37 AM In reply to

Hi,

@Beobuddy:

It is not possible to assign the camera socket to another command (i.e. PC, V.AUX), the command CAMERA is fix for the camera socket (on Avant and BV 10).

@Phil:

I think you are quite right that the audio and video signals from the camera socket can´t be distributed via Masterlink to another TV. That´s the reason why on Beo4 the commands "LINK CAMERA" and "LINK AV CAMERA" are not available (only PICTURE CAMERA for picture-in picture).

@beoaus:

I have tried your solution without sucsess. I have started the ATV2 at the Avant in mainroom by pressing CAMERA on Beo4, so the picture and sound of the ATV2 were available on the Avant. Then I went in my linkroom to my BV 10 and also pressed CAMERA on Beo4: Dark screen and no sound, because at the camera socket at the BV 10 there is no source connected. It could only work with the command (LINK CAMERA or LINK AV CAMERA), but these commands are not available on Beo4 and wouldn´t work either because of Phil´s comment.

But I am a little bit disappointed because I can´t mute the sreen on my Avant with my new Beo4 (only with my old Beo4 with AV key), because there is no command "AV CAMERA" on the new Beo4 available and P.MUTE doesn´t work!

Regards

Räuber

• 01-23-2011 8:11 AM In reply to

Raeuber:

Hi,

@Beobuddy:

It is not possible to assign the camera socket to another command (i.e. PC, V.AUX), the command CAMERA is fix for the camera socket (on Avant and BV 10).

Thats what I meant by softwareversion.

The camera input is just another source like the VTAPE, AV and Decoder. It just lacks the support of RGB and status/data (pin8).

I''ve changed with several avants from typenr 8330 and up the software. Then it is possible to rename the camera-input.

At my BV5 I even can rename it to STB/DTV or STB/VAUX. (the software is the same as the avant s mkIII)

Depending on the type of Dolbyunit there is an option to make an extra digital input like you have with the AV and Decoder. (if mounted)

• 01-23-2011 8:57 AM In reply to

Beobuddy:

Raeuber:

Hi,

@Beobuddy:

Thats what I meant by softwareversion.

The camera input is just another source like the VTAPE, AV and Decoder. It just lacks the support of RGB and status/data (pin8).

I''ve changed with several avants from typenr 8330 and up the software. Then it is possible to rename the camera-input.

At my BV5 I even can rename it to STB/DTV or STB/VAUX. (the software is the same as the avant s mkIII)

Depending on the type of Dolbyunit there is an option to make an extra digital input like you have with the AV and Decoder. (if mounted)

Thanks for your reply! I will ask my dealer for an update of my Avant (Type 8400). At the moment I am only able to assign the two scart sockets "AV" and "Stb-controller". Probably after an update it will also be possible to use P.MUTE with the new Beo4.

/Räuber 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)