in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-08-2011 8:47 PM by gjklein. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2011 4:41 PM

Beovision Mx-5000 Won't power on

I have an mx-500 in beautiful physical condition that will not power up.  I gather from reading older posts that there are a number of fixable issues with this model--capacitors, battery, memory, etc.  Is there anyone in the States (I'm in Florida) that can fix these wonderful sets?

Filed under:
  • 01-04-2011 5:39 PM In reply to

• BeoTom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-09-2010
    • Texas
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision Mx-5000 Won't power on

Hello, and welcome to BeoWorld! I'm not sure about Florida, I'm from Texas myself, but I believe Atlantic Systems in Hanover, MA still gladly repairs the MX TV's. They're actually a B&O regional service center. I think some B&O repair centers don't like to work on the MX's anymore, however Atlantic Systems seem to be an exception. We used to have a really good repair center in Dallas, but they stopped repairing B&O about 10 years ago. Repair centers in the US don't seem to get mentioned very often. I'd be interested in hearing from others, who they use in the US to repair their B&O.

• 01-05-2011 9:10 AM In reply to

Welcome to BeoWorld!

SE USA B&o authorized service: MODULAR ELECTRONICS

They are in Atlanta. Benny Amina is the contact.

Not certain that he still works on the CRT's???

The MX5000 does not have a ton of B&o in it (but it weighs a ton) -you might want to try a local TV shop first! What part of FL?

And... what exactly is wrong with it? Not powering on -are you at least getting the RED standby light? I assume you are using a BL1000 remote?

I have one of these wonderful old sets still laboring on -serving as a patio TV during football season.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-08-2011 8:47 PM In reply to

No, this is something I inherited after telling an Uncle how cool I thought it was several years ago.  The remote was lost and I was going to buy a replacement (there are non-B&O remotes on eBay that are supposed to work with these), but am not sure if it's worth even putting any money into that.

I've got some experience with older B&O audio products--I've got an 7.1 surround set-up employing all cx-100 and cx-50 speakers and a cona subwoofer, but with a current Harman kardon HT receiver in one room, and a 2400 system in a rosewood stand in another, but no experience with their vidoe products.

The MX5000 shows one amber light at the top when I plug it in--pressing the power button does nothing.  Do I need the remote for all operations?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)