in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-20-2007 7:54 AM by beoaus. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2007 7:50 AM

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Link TV

Looking for a link LCD. Its for a bedroom with the bed head 3.5mtrs away. My first non-B&O purchase.

Anyone had experience with the Samsung or LG LCD Televisions. The units are 26 or 32 inch and need to handle the Beolink video (RF) signal at 599mhz. From what I have seen the RF signal from a Video master on a LCD looks like you need glasses rather than a CRT television that works well. The problem is for me that we need a flatscreen about 15cms depth only (. I am happy to look at a lintronic box to sort the on / off process, the beolink active sorts the sound.

Hope this thread may help others. ...  I am sure it will...

Beoaus.

• 07-06-2007 10:49 AM In reply to

Re: Link TV

Are you sure that a non B&O LCD + BL active + Lintronic box + speakers (guess you won't use the LCD's speakers, if you like to call them speakers...) + Beo4 is cheaper than a second hand BV6 or a BV8?

I really doubt that!

Marcus 

• 07-06-2007 12:25 PM In reply to

You are right to start thinking about the problem of accepting the RF signal from the master video B&O product because whilst B&O may have been very slow at introducing digital tuners, a lot of non B&O LCD TV's no longer have an analogue tuner and only have a digital tuner.

So, if you decide to but buy a very nice non B&O LCD TV with ONLY a digital tuner, then you will NOT be able to use it as a link TV in a B&O configuration using the RF feed.

Regards Keith....

• 07-20-2007 7:54 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Thanks for the comments.

I had the Active and the BL4500 speakers already. Took a leap of faith and bought the new Samsung 32" LCD. I needed the screen mounted almost flat to the wall so the B&O TV's were out.

The Link TV runs very well and sound is impressive, the signal quality via the BV7 modulator is excellent. This setup more than surpasses my expectations.

If other have questions please post....

Beoaus.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)