in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2010 3:46 PM by Electrified. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2010 7:38 AM

• knrj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-28-2010
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

New B&O Product - System Dock?

http://www.bang-olufsen.dk/system-dock

• 12-28-2010 9:53 AM In reply to

• Seven
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2008
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

Re: New B&O Product - System Dock?

Looks plastic-y, like something one picks up at Tchibo. Are you sure this is a B&O product?

• 12-28-2010 9:59 AM In reply to

No, it's not at Bang & Olufsen

Product

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •  
    • A8 Earphones

• 12-28-2010 10:09 AM In reply to

Tillquist:
    No, it's not at Bang & Olufsen

Product

Why so, only because it was built by someone else? Bang & Olufsen is going to sell it to accompany their products, right? 

Hard to say from a picture, but in the picture it doesn't exactly "scream" quality... Have B&O gotten the plastic craze? Laughing Hope not.  

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-28-2010 10:32 AM In reply to

The product existed before B&O decided to sell it. It wasn't developed, designed or conceived by B&O.

• 12-28-2010 10:39 AM In reply to

bayerische:
    Why so, only because it was built by someone else? Bang & Olufsen is going to sell it to accompany their products, right? 

Hard to say from a picture, but in the picture it doesn't exactly "scream" quality... Have B&O gotten the plastic craze? Laughing Hope not.  

It is an Sonance iPort FS-21 iPod Dock

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •  
    • A8 Earphones

• 12-28-2010 10:41 AM In reply to

Tillquist:

bayerische:

It is an Sonance iPort FS-21 iPod Dock

Thanks for the info, is it made in a special "b&o" version then?

Or does the Sonance do exactly what this "system dock" does?

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-28-2010 10:41 AM In reply to

how does it work?  Without sounding stupid what else do you need?

• 12-28-2010 11:21 AM In reply to

I think it is controlled via the PUC of your TV.

• 12-28-2010 11:27 AM In reply to

It is actually a Sonance FS23 dock, connected to your master television and controlled by puc. You can control it on the link and get the menus up on the link televisions.

• 12-28-2010 1:12 PM In reply to

In Soviet Russia, system dock you!

This product was knocking around for so long I honestly didn't realize we were still going to make it! I think I saw the prototype about 3 years ago. It's just a re-badged Sonance piece. They had talked about re-doing the GUI skin so it had the B&O look, but I don't know if they did that. 

At this point I can't see the real value of it since the BeoSound 5 manages the music collection so completely and makes browsing in link rooms easy on the Beo6.

Who knows. I'm sure we'll sell a few, but hardly seems necessary to do this as a video peripheral when the BeoSound 5 and AppleTV exist. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-28-2010 3:40 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

TripEnglish:

In Soviet Russia, system dock you!

This product was knocking around for so long I honestly didn't realize we were still going to make it! I think I saw the prototype about 3 years ago. It's just a re-badged Sonance piece. They had talked about re-doing the GUI skin so it had the B&O look, but I don't know if they did that. 

At this point I can't see the real value of it since the BeoSound 5 manages the music collection so completely and makes browsing in link rooms easy on the Beo6.

Who knows. I'm sure we'll sell a few, but hardly seems necessary to do this as a video peripheral when the BeoSound 5 and AppleTV exist. 

Has anyone seen or used one (or even the donor product). I'm interested to know what happens to the TV image displaying artwork, text etc. Does it flip to some "screensaver" after a while or remain static. Is it OK to use regularly as a main audio player with a plasma display or are the "burn-in" stories of old just that?

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-28-2010 3:46 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

I saw one of those in a B&O shop in Birkerød. There really isn't anything nice about it design wise. I was appalled by the sheer size of it and those, well, less than stringent rounded corners.

I didn't know it was really a sub-contractor product,  but that sure explains a lot of the design.

How it integrates, I don't know. I didn't ask, since it wasn't the product I was in the shop to look for.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)