in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-20-2010 1:23 AM by Spiros. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-19-2010 4:22 PM

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Beocom 5 Question

Dear all, just a question about the Beocom 5. In the B&O site it mentions that it can be used with std landlines and IP telephony. Does anybody know if the IP they mean is the one that some companies use with VoIP or it can be used with e.g. Skype. Which means that you can obviously log in through the phone, but I could not find anywhere anything about a wifi on the phone manual! Best regards Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

• 12-19-2010 6:59 PM In reply to

Re: Beocom 5 Question

Spiros.. B&O mentioning that the BeoCom 5 can be used as a VoIP phone is pure marketing blabla. The BeoCom 5 is as VoIP compatible as the BeoCom 6000, BeoCom 2... or any other analogue phone.

To clear things up: The BeoCom 5 has the ability to have 2 normal PSTN lines. So.. If you use an ATA (analogue telephone adapter) then it can be used in a VoIP setup. But in this case you'll have to configure the ATA and not the BeoCom5. There is no way to configure the BeoCom 5 in an IP setup. 

IF B&O made it real IP compatible with a descent ATA inside the phone and a RJ45 connection they would sell a shitload of these phone. But alas... it's just a normal analogue phone.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 12-20-2010 1:23 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Re: Beocom 5 Question

Hello Karel, Many thanks for clearing it up. So I guess Beocom 5 still has a long way to go!!! I'm thinking of changing my Beocom 4 in the office but on seconds thoughts, I think my Beocom 4 it's really excellent for my everyday use!!!!! Indeed it's a petty that it's still behind current technology. Best regards Spiros

Best regards

Spiros

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)