in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-18-2010 9:45 AM by Chrisreunion. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2010 4:25 PM

The future of BeoPlayer app.

I know that it's been stressed that the new BeoPlayer app for iPhone, iPad, etc. is only intended to add n.radio stations and a clock to the apple device for the BeoPlayer 8; yet, I can't help but think about the potential of this.

Once the BeoSound 5 is updated for compatibility with the Beo6, it would seem SO logical and easy for B&O to extend the capability of the BeoPlayer app to give touch-screen iPad/iPhone control of the BeoSound 5 via wi-fi. With AirPlay, it really already does this with n.radio for an Apple TV2!

Of course, this would likely be competition against the Beo6.

The BeoPlayer app says that the current 20 n.radio stations will expand to the full over-10,000 catalog with "the next update, as an in-app purchase." Hmmm. I wonder how much the premium upgrade will cost for this free app? $995 or more?

• 12-16-2010 8:27 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: The future of BeoPlayer app.

The first surprise ( one of six )  is February, 2011.

• 12-16-2010 11:38 PM In reply to

Two words: DLNA Compliant. 

(Well, one acronym and one word)

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-17-2010 4:40 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

First great news! Finally the 12,99€ would be interesting if the app provide a lot of interesting features.

• 12-17-2010 4:47 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

i play my Beoplayer App through my Airport, via Ouverture to my ML system....hope the BBC is on the 10,000 list !

andym

• 12-17-2010 5:42 AM In reply to

andy:

i play my Beoplayer App through my Airport, via Ouverture to my ML system....hope the BBC is on the 10,000 list !

andym

Have just the same setup :-) :-) :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 12-17-2010 6:38 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

TripEnglish:

What is the significance of that?
  • 12-17-2010 6:38 AM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Aargh. iPad is doubling today. Must be the cold. Sorry
  • 12-17-2010 8:31 AM In reply to

DLNA seems logical with the BeoSound 5 Encore, but will those features also extend to the original BeoSound 5? I'd hate to see those of us who were early adopters get left out.

I'm glad to see that B&O isn't just focused on DLNA and Windows with the BeoPlayer app, but that AirPlay is so nicely integrated with the BeoPlayer app. AirPlay is the direction B&O should be going. It just works so simply and seamlessly!

• 12-17-2010 12:40 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

symmes:
    TripEnglish:

What is the significance of that?

DLNA is a non-company specific standard that allows compatible devices to communicate and pass data and media between themselves, media servers and internet based sources. It means B&O displays and sources will be able to integrate with other DLNA compliant devices (displays, storage and sources) from other manufacturers, either wirelessly or via Ethernet connection.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-17-2010 1:22 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Now that B&O has discovered that the best way to share digital music is to use the network, how long will it take for them to discover that digital music can also be accessed from the cloud (Spotify, Last.fm, awdio.com, deezer, and all the others...)?

Big Smile

• 12-18-2010 3:05 AM In reply to

Hi, I would like control the BM 1.

Beosound 9000 | Beosound Century | Beomedia 1 | Beolab 8000 | Beolab 6000 | Beolab 2000 | Beoport | Beo5 | Beo4 | Beolink active | Beolink passive | A8

• 12-18-2010 8:40 AM In reply to

I'm wondering if the updates that will open up the BeoSound 5 to wi-fi control (via the Beo6) will extend wi-fi control to the rest of the MasterLink system much like the MasterLink Gateway. Not in the sense of controlling blinds, lights, etc., but just in the sense of translating the wi-fi control to MasterLink control of the other connected B&O products in addition to the BeoSound 5. 

Perhaps Trip has some insight into this?

• 12-18-2010 9:23 AM In reply to

• Tim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Germany
    • Posts 114
    • Bronze Member

After using the BeoPlayer app daily, I believe that it was an act of desperation to make it available in such an early stage.

It is just not understandable why it is not showing the actual playing song, or why it is not possible to add radio stations manually - I wonder what happens to those who pay for "digital imported premium"content - they can not use it in this version of the software.

The only reason in my opinion is, that they needed to make it available together with the beosound 8.

I use it daily because I quite like it, but it needs a lot of work in the (near) future!

I am very glad, that there is nothing that needs to be fixed in the  beosound 8. 

• 12-18-2010 9:45 AM In reply to

B&O has never made it possible to display the actual name of the song & artist in BeoPlayer /BeoPort/BeoMedia 1 NRADIO mode , not even BeoSound 5!

That's why I shifted to Mac & now use the BMLink application to display this on my BeoCenter 2.

Only Mac third-party softwares allow this type of display (namely BMLink and Linkplayer), no pure B&O software allows it, I asked B&O once about it, and they said they didn't plan to make it available in the near future (and you know what "near future" means for B&O...Sad).

I hope that if enough people send them their feedback/request they'll make this feature available on all BeoPlayer-based softwares, it seems to be the only NRADIO app in the world that doesn't do that...!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)