in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-01-2010 3:01 AM by matapan. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2010 12:09 AM

Beolink PC Office

Hi!

Has anyone on this forum been able to set up a Beolink PC Office to use Beo-Mac?

The Beolink PC Office is the first version of what is now called Beoport, with a serial port connection.

If you have, can you describe what the setup requirements are? Can the Beolink PC Office firmware be upgraded?

Thanks in advance,

John

Filed under:
  • 11-10-2010 2:15 AM In reply to

Re: Beolink PC Office

I know that the Beolink PC2 can be firmware updatet, as i have that my self. and it works just like the Beoport.

But try to download the latest Software from B&O, and install it.

Or try to serch for new software in "setup" for beoport/BeolinkPC2/Beolink PC office.

• 11-16-2010 3:53 PM In reply to

I think Beolink PC2/Beoport is different from Beolink PC Office.

Does anyone on this forum use a Beolink PC Office?

• 11-29-2010 3:12 PM In reply to

Does everyone on this forum own a Beoport and not a Beolink PC Office? Any help would be appreciated. I am surprised at the lack of any responses on what is supposedly a forum of enthusiasts!

• 11-30-2010 1:59 AM In reply to

The answer to this according to B&O is that the Beoport PC Office will not work with a Mac. I am afraid this system really is obsolete - it was only out for 2 years, works with Windows 95 or 98 only and is very limited due to the cards it supports which are also now obsolete. It has not been upgraded by software support. I do have the manual somewhere if you need it but I would suggest that it is a lost cause!

• 11-30-2010 2:25 AM In reply to

matapan:

Does everyone on this forum own a Beoport and not a Beolink PC Office? Any help would be appreciated. I am surprised at the lack of any responses on what is supposedly a forum of enthusiasts!

I am sad to hear, that you are unsatisfired with the forum.

The answer to your lack of response, are problebly because there are so few users of Beolink PC office/2 and Beoport

• 11-30-2010 8:32 AM In reply to

I think there are lots of users of Beolink PC2 and Beoport (the same thing really!) This works very well with Macs and is certainly the way I would suggest the OP goes. I use mine all the time and so do many of my friends.  The Beolink PC Office was a first attempt and like the original Master Control Link, it was only out for a short time and the second incarnation was much better.

• 12-01-2010 3:01 AM In reply to

I'm looking for the Beolink PC software that came with the Beolink PC Office hardware. I have the hardware, but not this essential piece of software, which drives the commands from the PC's serial port to the Beolink Active box. From there, I assume any version of Beoplayer will work.

The Beoport/Beolink PC2 software setup looks for the box on a USB port, which does not apply to the Beolink PC Office.

Anyone still have an installation CD somewhere in the dustbin?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)