in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2010 11:08 AM by Tillquist. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2010 7:55 AM

Beo 5 Controlling my livingroom? Easy access to different setups.

Hej all,

Since I extending my BEO installation(s) more and more I am wondering if switching the remote makes any sense. Maybe you are able to answer the following question or in the best case you have some similar solution in place.

But first of all let me briefly describe my living room installation.

BeoCenter6, Apple TV 1G (IR from the TV) , 2 BeoLab3, BeoLab11 and the beautiful BeoCenter2

I am considering the BEO5 ( or BEO6 whenever I have seen and felt one ) as the remote upgrade since I would like to realise the following scenarios.

Ad1) Music from Apple TV Right now I have to switch via List-Button to AV-mem to start music but all speakers are online including the one from the BeoCenter6. Because of that I have to go back to the List-Button, choose Speaker, select 2 for Stereo Sound and back via the List-Button to the AV-mem to have access to the Apple TV. That’s a lot of clicking around, is there any chance that a BEO5 ( BEO6) runs the clicking via a macro when I am choosing a button called “Music from Apple TV”

Ad2) Movies from Apple TV Just switching to the Apple TV without the List-Button choosing AV-mem approach.

Ad3) Do you know if there is a remote power switch available which I can use and add in Ad1 and Ad2 which is controllable from the BEO5 (BEO6)?

I would like to power on and of the Apple TV when I am not using it. I hope I made myself clear and you get an idea of what I want to realize.

Thank you in advance,

Larskoelle

PS: Would it be possible to run the PC Software on a virtual Windows as Mac OS beeing the host and still having access to BEO5?

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

Filed under:
  • 11-28-2010 11:08 AM In reply to

Re: Beo 5 Controlling my livingroom? Easy access to different setups.

Larskoelle:
    Ad1) Music from Apple TV Right now I have to switch via List-Button to AV-mem to start music but all speakers are online including the one from the BeoCenter6. Because of that I have to go back to the List-Button, choose Speaker, select 2 for Stereo Sound and back via the List-Button to the AV-mem to have access to the Apple TV. That’s a lot of clicking around, is there any chance that a BEO5 ( BEO6) runs the clicking via a macro when I am choosing a button called “Music from Apple TV”

Yes you can create a button as this all together.

Larskoelle:
    Ad3) Do you know if there is a remote power switch available which I can use and add in Ad1 and Ad2 which is controllable from the BEO5 (BEO6)?

Yes if you steer it through the PUC list so you can turn Off and On the Apple TV on Beo5

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •