in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-30-2010 9:59 AM by davefarr. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2010 7:18 AM

Missing part of Beogram 1102

Dear all

As a new member I have been very impressed with your replies to my very basic questions. Thank you

As a recap I have inherited  a Beogram 1102 with a Beomaster 1100 that has been in storage for 20 years. I have got the Beomaster to work although it still a bit crackly. The problem is the Beogram. It seems it is missing a part. If you look at the picture below you'll see the metal cover to the left hand base of the arm. The cover is missing which I imagine why the arm keeps jumping. I think it is just the cover that is missing. 1102

My questions are

1. Is it just the cover I'm missing? 

2. Could I get it anywhere? (doubtful I'd imagine) 

3. Do you think this is why the needle keeps jumping?

4. Do you know how I can upload a photograph of it to the forum?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Andrew

• 11-30-2010 9:59 AM In reply to

Re: Missing part of Beogram 1102

Andrew,

without a picture it is difficult to say what else may be missing.  The cover at the back of the tonearm covers the counterbalance weight and adjuster.  If the cover is missing, the arm will not be balanced at all.  Someone may have a spare one from a defective tonarm that you could use.  Once you have that, depending on what cartridge you have, you can then make the adjustments to the tracking force appropriate for the cartridge, arm balance at '0' loadetc.  The service and user manuals are available for free to all Gold members so upgrading your membership would help - and you'd be in tonights prize draw and could win some nifty stuff.  The tree icon lets you place pictures in your post.

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)