in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-15-2010 7:00 AM by stefan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2010 10:24 AM

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

Beolab double configuration with Beosound and Beovision

Hi guys.

I was wondering if you please could help me regarding a "double configuration" (Beosound and Beovision) with one pair of speakers (Beolab 8002). Do you think, it is possible by using the Y-powerlink cable to operate both the BS and the BV only with
    one pair of speakers?

Beolab 8002 - Y-Powerlink - one Powerlink to Beosound, the other Powerlink to Beovision. Same for the other speaker.

Because my wife likes to listen to music all day (does not use the telly). In the evening I`m using the telly (do not listen to music). Of cause it is possible to link the BV with masterlink with the BS, but I`m asking myself whether it is not better to use each system by itself.

Take care

BeoVision 8-40, ATV2, BeoSound 4, Front BeoLab 9, Rear Beolab 4000 MKII, Beo 4

• 11-14-2010 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab double configuration with Beosound and Beovision

I can tell you that a Beosound X in option 0 connected by ML to Beovision X in option 1 works great regardless of how many pairs of Beolabs you have connected to the Beovision X.

With Beolabs the amp is in the speakers so it does not matter where you connect them.

• 11-14-2010 11:54 AM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

Friedmett,

thank you for your answer. If I connect the BL to the BV and the connect the BV by masterlink to the BS, of cause the BV also is in service while listening only to music from BS.

By Y-powerlink, only the BS or the BV is in service.

But I do not have any idea, if it works with the Y-powerlink.

• 11-14-2010 1:00 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Should work, if only audio OR videosystem will be used. If both systems are activated, it might cause damaging the amplifiers, because both systems will send power-up voltage to the Beolabs. The PL Y-adapter is meant to distribute one Powerlink output to two Powerlink inputs , not adding two Powerlink outputs. 

Stefan

• 11-14-2010 2:02 PM In reply to

• hotknife
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-03-2008
    • Solingen/Germany
    • Posts 552
    • Bronze Member

Stefan,

thanks for advice regarding the amplifiers. Could be a problem if my wife or a kid switches both units on.

Do you think it would be a problem for a BV8 if it received round 3-4 hours a day the signal from the BS over the masterlink wire?

Regarding the Y-adapter I thought I would be better for the BV because of wear and tear of it.

Of cause the masterlink is the better solution, but if both systems (BV and BS) are running the whole day, maybe a damage is not far away.

• 11-15-2010 6:17 AM In reply to

I think it´s only the soundboard and amplifiers in Bv8 being used when linked through ML. Should cope with wear and tear. I have had a linked bed room tv and I´m using it as an audio source, have done so for many years, no wear and tear 

• 11-15-2010 7:00 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

hagan:

I think it´s only the soundboard and amplifiers in Bv8 being used when linked through ML. Should cope with wear and tear. I have had a linked bed room tv and I´m using it as an audio source, have done so for many years, no wear and tear 

Agree.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)