in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-17-2010 3:50 PM by tournedos. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2010 3:22 PM

Inside the Beovision 10 - 40 & no more Crack

As I wrote in another post, I had problems with an anoying "crack" sound from the body of the BV-10. After support from fellow members of this Forum, I got the B&O Service guy over to switch some cooling plates, that actually solved the problem.

The picture show the TV with glass screen and the panel removed. Conveniently there was no need to remove the TV from the wall.

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 11-17-2010 3:28 PM In reply to

Re: Inside the Beovision 10 - 40 & no more Crack

This is the back of the panel. What the service guy replaced was the plate with a lot of small holes at the lower end of the picture, to a larger plate with no holes. As I understand it, this plate assist with leading heat of the components underneath. The plate with big holes that is alongside the bottom of the panel was also replaced.

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

• 11-17-2010 3:38 PM In reply to

The glassfront is waiting to be put back.

The panel was easy to put back. Just two cords that needed to be put back in place, and a number of small screws. There we needed to be two persons holding the panel.

It was quite difficult to put the glassfront back in place, and I had to help the engineer. It fits really tight to the chassi, but we managed. Smile

The engineer had a powerful portable compressor so he could blow air over the panel and the glassfront to make sure there was no dust added. 

So, all in all a successful surgery. 

Thank you B&O!

• 11-17-2010 3:50 PM In reply to

Good to see positive experiences every once and a while! Yes -  thumbs up

Coming up with the solution and deploying it must've needed a lot of effort.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)