in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-16-2010 2:37 PM by tournedos. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2010 2:00 PM

B&O wins Internet Domain Dispute

B&O has successfully claimed a new domain name registered by a private individual in Estonia.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 11-16-2010 2:37 PM In reply to

Re: B&O wins Internet Domain Dispute

Odd. I was actually looking into registering an .ee domain some time ago and the rules seemed very strict - owner needed to be a company registered in Estonia, with an Estonian citizen as the administrative contact, etc.

That requirement seems to have been relaxed now, and people are taking up the domains. Seems funny that B&O are only now waking up to this, given that they have/had a daughter company in Estonia - this shouldn't have been any problem if they had registered it themselves before last July when this guy first registered it, according to whois info.

The .com version of our company name was registered by some Russian bloke(?) a long time ago. I never contacted them, but patiently waited the three years for it to expire and grabbed it then Big Smile

A while ago even the Chinese tried the same. At least the .cn authority contacted us in advance to ask if we had any dealings with the company attempting to register it.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)