in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-30-2010 5:45 AM by SHEFFIELD. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2010 5:00 PM

Beocom 6000, not charging

Hi guys,

An old Beocom 6000 set that I have, was brought back to use when I thought, it would look great at Albatros! OK, so I putt the set out of storage, and the handset is completely dead. Not charging, not anything.

I bought a new battery off ebay for £5, but the new battery had a two wire connection, the old had a three wire connection... I dissected the old battery, and saw that the third wire was connected to the negative wire using a resistance on the wire... 

Anyway, I connected the battery with only the two wires, but it's not charging. The little charge that is in the battery makes the phone work, and it also works without a battery when it's in the dock, recharging...

The wires are now connected to the old 3 wire connector, since the 2 wire connector that came with the new battery didn't fit. The wires from the battery are connected as follows:

If the Beocom 6000 headset is on it's belly, keys pointing down, and the battery end facing you, the first is red wire, the second (middle) black wire, the third is now empty.

Is there any way of sorting this out, or is my only option getting a B&O battery? Or can my dock/charging station be broken? It must be giving a current, since the Headset lights up without a battery connected to it.

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 10-30-2010 5:45 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000, not charging

Hi Andreas,

That was a cheap battery you bought - new trade price to dealers is considerably more than that!  It sounds as though you need the correct battery as a starting point...?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)