in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-19-2010 1:48 PM by charlesp. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2010 11:21 AM

iPod into Ouverture

I thought this would be an easy one. But when I try getting sound out of my (otherwise OK) Ouverture from my iPod via jack to 5 pin DIN lead there's absolutely nothing. The jack is correctly wired, the DIN plug has ground on 2, signal on 3&5, and the volume on the iPod is wound all the way up with the volume limiter defeated.

This is probably a user error (increasing age greatly increases that probability) - any ideas?

• 10-15-2010 11:54 AM In reply to

Re: iPod into Ouverture

Maybe a stupid question.. But have you selected A.Aux?

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 10-16-2010 4:13 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Have you plugged the din into the 7 pin socket if not try it, I use a bl1000 remote and then either the phono or shift/radio to call it up, works fine but need to screw up the ouverture vol somewhat even with the mp3 at full volume

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 10-16-2010 5:14 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Karel Uyttendaele:

Maybe a stupid question.. But have you selected A.Aux?

Forgive the second stupid question. Have you plugged the din plug into the Aux socket and not a spare Powerlink socket?

Opman

• 10-16-2010 10:00 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

maybe another stupid question but i remember when i had the 7pin AUX lead and there were four phone connections 2 output and 2 input maybe you have it connected to the wrong one.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-16-2010 11:59 AM In reply to

I can confirm thst it's the aux socket, and AUX is displayed on the panel. There isn't a powerlink socket, only a masterlink one which is of course impossible to confuse.

I have also rewired the DIN plug to a mirror image as it has been suggested that pin numbers can mean different things to different people.

Both versions are silent, both with the iPod volume at max and the ouverture ditto.

I am stumped, but continue to believe that it's most probably me doing something stupid!

• 10-16-2010 1:51 PM In reply to

The Ouverture, Beosound 3000 and Beosound 3002's  surely have 2 x powerlink sockets according to the tech specs.  If there are none - it can't be an Ouverture can it?  Does it say Ouverture on the label on the back or is it another variant?  It can't be the MCPAV9000 as that has no AUX either.  I must admit to being confused by this one.  My son has used his ipod through all sorts of our stuff - Century, directly through Beolab speakers etc with no volume issues so I'm a bit stumped with this one.  Is the Ouverture Masterlinked to anything?

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 10-16-2010 7:39 PM In reply to

What speakers are being used ?

and can you take a photo of (or transcribe) the model number sticker etc 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-17-2010 4:02 AM In reply to

Sorry yes there ARE 2 Powerlink sockets, the speakers are attached here. They are Beolab 6000s. The AUX socket is labelled AUX

The sockets are AM - FM - 2x Powerlink - Masterlink - AUX

Type No 2637

Serial 10950841

• 10-17-2010 5:21 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

din plug pin nos from top or bottom?

try shorting 4and 2if you get noise then you have reversed your input and outout feeds alternatively, resolder them on the other 2 pins(try just 1 first) if it works then away you go!

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 10-17-2010 6:23 AM In reply to

if re-soldering them doesnt work, pm me your address and ill send you a free aux-ipod cable, to at least rule out if the cable is the issue

jason

• 10-19-2010 1:48 PM In reply to

Iconic-AV isn't just a helpful chap he's a real gentleman. Thanks Jason.

True to his offer he sent me a lead, and I have to report all is functioning as it should, exactly as you all had probably worked out it would.

Thanks for the advice, and above all, thank you very much for the lead, Iconic-AV.

What a nice forum...

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)