in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-09-2010 2:18 AM by elephant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2010 4:35 PM

Problem with Beovision 8-40

Good evening,

I'm italian and I have a Beovision 8-40, I updated the software of my tv with the update available on the Bang & Olufsen site. After the installation I tried to synchronize the TV channels in order to find new channels, but the tv was not able to find channels. Now with my tv I can see the same channels I saw before the update, but if I try to do a complete synchronization no channels are found. I don't remember if before the update the tv was able to find channels at every synchronization, or if during the synchronization the tv showed only new channels.

Please could you confirm if during the synchronization the tv shows only not already added channels?

Sorry for my simple english, I hope I have explained the problem well.

Thank you

• 10-08-2010 5:09 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with Beovision 8-40

welcome to Beoworld.

Your English is very good.

I think that the channel search function always refreshes all TV channels.

On my BV8-32 and when I click:

[DTV]

[MENU]

and choose "SETUP"

"CHANNELS"

"SEARCH"

I get the option to add either "ALL" or only "FREE" channels under a search mode of "AUTOMATIC" or "MANUAL"

If you are talking about the older analogue transmissions:

[TV]

[MENU]

select "TUNING"

and then you can "EDIT" or "ADD" or "AUTO TUNING" or "MANUAL TUNING"

The one thing I did not understand, was how you downloaded BV8-40 software from the B&O internet site ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-08-2010 5:55 PM In reply to

Thank you,

I solved the problem, I try to delete all channels and now the tv find all the new channels. I think that during a synchronising search the tv shows only new channels.

I found the update software on the B&O site, there is a link on the Beovision 8 page. I downloaded it and put it on a USB pen drive, after you have to follow the update instructions that you find on the site.

Thank you

• 10-09-2010 2:18 AM In reply to

damocle:

Thank you,

I solved the problem, I try to delete all channels and now the tv find all the new channels. I think that during a synchronising search the tv shows only new channels.

I found the update software on the B&O site, there is a link on the Beovision 8 page. I downloaded it and put it on a USB pen drive, after you have to follow the update instructions that you find on the site.

Thank you

Thank you also ... I did not know about this page:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/dvb-hd/software-downloads

only for the DVB-HD module so not for my BV8, but it is a positive sign that B&O are moving to self-maintenance 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)