in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-03-2010 4:37 PM by Doctor. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-03-2010 9:45 AM

Is this really an original B&O console stereo?

Smile

To all who know better than me, is this just a made up console stereo using B&O equipment?  It is located here in Ontario, Canada.  I've never seen anything pictured like this.  Mind you...I'm no expert, and still new at this!

I have sent the seller an e-mail to see what kind of price he is hoping for.  I would only be interested in it if it truly was a B&O product.  Of course, I don't have too much room for it, but I guess I could make room for it.

What's your thoughts?

Guy

http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-Teak-Bang-and-Olufsen-Stereo-Gram-5-made-in-world-W0QQAdIdZ233766611

• 10-03-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

Re: Is this really an original B&O console stereo?

Thats a B&O radiogram, perhaps a 1200, but with the legs removed. Big, not very popular and no legs! Not worth much at all in the UK, roughly £50 and thats with the legs. As to only 5 having been made, thats rubbish unless they only made 5 without legs!!

• 10-03-2010 10:48 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Who earth would chop the legs off? Defies common sense!! The speakers would be far too low off the ground to hear the music properly unless you had a thing for lying on the floor when listening to music. What a pity...vandalism like that could make one turn to drinking and get completely legless!!!!!

Durban South Africa

• 10-03-2010 12:09 PM In reply to

Smile

So what did the legs look like?  Are they something that could be made up?

Guy

• 10-03-2010 1:00 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

They normally look a little like this (lamp not included), and I think they're rather nice.

I know of two which have been smashed up by delivery companies though...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-03-2010 3:54 PM In reply to

Smile

Well, we will see what kind of cash the seller is looking for.  The legs don't look to hard to replicate.  I imagine, though, that the seller is looking for BIG cash considering he is trying to sell it as a rare (only 5 made)! 

If he is flexable...I will share the picture with him and point out the missing legs!

Fingers crossed.

• 10-03-2010 4:37 PM In reply to

Don't go crazy - these are not that uncommon and this one is worthy considerably less because of the legs (or lack of them!) Given away better stuff than this!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)