in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-03-2010 12:04 PM by Medogsfat. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2010 11:59 AM

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Windfall??????????????????

My mother-in-law called me the other night to say that one of her friends has some old Bang & Olufsen "stuff" which belonged to her late husband. She doesn't want it and wandered if I would like to take it off her hands.

I am currently waiting for a call from the friend to arrange to visit her to collect said items. I have absolutely no idea what the "stuff" is. It could be products, brochures, or accessories. The wait is killing me.

If it's products I will post pics and see if anybody can offer a good home for it. If it's brochures I will add to my humble collection and offer any swaps to whoever needs them for their own collection.

Sorry to announce this and have you all eager to see what the "windfall" is, but I didn't want to suffer in silence on my own any longer Wink

Watch this space for updates.

Opman

• 10-01-2010 12:05 PM In reply to

Re: Windfall??????????????????

sad to hear that anyone has passed away

however I hope doe your sake he was well off and a BV4-102 was part of his collection

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-01-2010 12:21 PM In reply to

Don't let monsterleerob and his ebay empire near it !!!

DJ

• 10-01-2010 12:28 PM In reply to

Any old (think 70s and before!) user manuals that could be scanned would be useful - I can scan and return should this be the windfall!

Peter

• 10-01-2010 1:27 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Are you reading this Jandyt?

I'm sure there's a small corner of your floor still visible waiting for the next B&O incumbancy.Big Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-01-2010 5:47 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

Are you reading this Jandyt?

I'm sure there's a small corner of your floor still visible waiting for the next B&O incumbancy.Big Smile

Chris.

Recon he should sell me his XJS and that would free up his garge nicely.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 10-01-2010 5:52 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

I have actually got quite a bit of floor space :)

Olly.

• 10-02-2010 5:15 AM In reply to

If there are any Lab5's that you have no use for, I will gladly give them a home!

Or any brochures that you dont want.

• 10-02-2010 6:49 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Beaker - I have a B&O original accessories brochure from the 1980's if you want it? It's a small A5 14 page affair listing the remotes (BL1k, 5k,7k), furniture, speaker stands, headphones, tv stands etc...

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-02-2010 4:53 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Sorry to keep you all in suspense. I still haven't had the call yet.

As I said originally, I wanted to share my frustrating wait with all you good people.

I'm seeing my Mother-in-law on Sunday so I will try and see how the land lies with her friend.

Watch this space for developments.

Opman

• 10-03-2010 9:54 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:

Beaker - I have a B&O original accessories brochure from the 1980's if you want it? It's a small A5 14 page affair listing the remotes (BL1k, 5k,7k), furniture, speaker stands, headphones, tv stands etc...

Chris.

Many thanks for the offer Chris, I have one of those already. If anyone has any 70's brochurres they dont need I will gladly take them off their hands.

• 10-03-2010 10:41 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Medogsfat:

Chris.

Chris is that brochure still available? I would pay for postage and packing.

Thanks

Durban South Africa

• 10-03-2010 12:04 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

It certainly is Ben.

Send me a PM with your address & I'll get you a postage price.

Chris.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)