in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-17-2010 11:19 PM by SWISS_2. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-17-2010 11:19 PM

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Beoplayer-derived music purchases

Sitting around with friends watching the Fall colours coming in, the talk shifted to a particular song playing on ORF-Radio Tirol. The music playing was courtesy of N.MUSIC on our B&O system. I was asked what if I knew the name of that song or the artist. " No, but let's see."

I clicked on the right screen Beo 4 and hit INFO. Up popped the screen for ORF, and I going  to the ORFseite title tracks,  our guests saw the song and artist ( Kimm Umma Auf Die Sunnseit'n, by the trio Alpenland Sepp & Co. ). A local taste perhaps, but well suited up here.

" Hey . . .  How did you do that ? " came a few responses.  I asked " Do you like it ? "  " Sure " comes the reply, so another click in the INFO tab, and another to find the download. Someone is now counting the minutes on her watch. Total time to download ( legally paid for ) and start the track on Beoplayer N.MUSIC is exactly 17 minutes, 39 seconds.

This got me thinking of how much music I have actually purchased or downloaded this way over the years from N.RADIO.  A check of CD's purchased, and album downloads three days later comes to:  57 actual CD's purchased, and 178 albums downloaded. Some of the CD music, like the soundtrack to the film "KAFKA " I really had to track down on Ebay or Ricardo, but ultimately I found them.

Not a bad service from Bang & Olufsen when you thin about it. Very good in fact.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)