in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-07-2010 10:22 AM by davefarr. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2010 3:23 AM

AV9000 standby problem - anyone near Poole?

A friend has an AV9000 which is stuck in standby.  Using a Beo4 for TV, there is no response.  Use the Beo4 for video and the red standby light flashes green, then back to red.  Is this a classic sign of the previously reported dry solder joints or something else?  Tried unplugging and plugging in again to no avail.  The 2 switches under the screen also don't seem to do anything.

She lives in Poole, Dorset.  Are there any tech guys near her who could look at it or help her get it fixed?

Many thanks,

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 09-05-2010 1:09 PM In reply to

Re: AV9000 standby problem - anyone near Poole?

The only thing I can say its a minor thing like dry solderjoints somewhere in the monitor.

I got my Beo4 AV9000 DOA. It got serviced and brought back to life. I then had it for a few days until one evening it started to what you describe. They took the top monitor (screen) and fixed it. Its been working ever since.

• 09-06-2010 10:08 AM In reply to

Thanks for the feedback Friedmett.  It confirms my thoughts based on my reading of previous threads.  They are trying to decide if they should fix it or buy a Sony TV. 

Thanks,

Dave.

• 09-07-2010 10:22 AM In reply to

Just as a quick follow up.  Thanks to Iain in Derby who gave me the contact of an engineer, the AV9000 was up and running perfectly within 30 minutes.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)