in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-01-2010 10:52 PM by david coyne. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2010 4:44 PM

Beovision 8-40 issues

Hi all,

A few months back I purchased a Beovision 8-40 to replace my trusty old BeoVision from 1993 (which now is doing service as the childrens TV). While I am generally very happy with the picture quality etc. there are a few issues I would like the communities input on:

1. The fan is audible if I have the TV on low volume (I have seen in the forum that this is a known issue, which hopefully can be fixed)

2. It is at least sometimes rather slow to react to the commands from the remote when it comes to changing the channel. This happens very often but not every time I change the channel.

3. Lately the TV has started to not turn off properly when I turn it off from the remote. The screen seems to turn off properly but the green LED in the upper right corener still is on. If I press the off button on the remote again the light turns to red. This started happening a week ago.

Has anyone of the other Beovision 8-40 owners seen issues 2 and 3? Any solutions?

TIA,

Magnus

• 08-31-2010 5:04 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 8-40 issues

Hi Magnus

I suggest you contact your dealer. There has been a recent software update that may cure some or all of these issues.

Bang & Olufsen released new software for the DVB module which amongst other things cured the slow channel change. This is updated via a USB pen drive. There is however a new software build for the television as well and it is worth getting this done now. This has to be done by a dealer using laptop and Bang & Olufsen service tool.

Regards

Opman

• 09-01-2010 11:38 AM In reply to

Wise words.

Cool

• 09-01-2010 10:52 PM In reply to

Opman:

Hi Magnus

I suggest you contact your dealer. There has been a recent software update that may cure some or all of these issues.

Bang & Olufsen released new software for the DVB module which amongst other things cured the slow channel change. This is updated via a USB pen drive. There is however a new software build for the television as well and it is worth getting this done now. This has to be done by a dealer using laptop and Bang & Olufsen service tool.

Regards

Opman

Hi

Not knowing what other equipment you have, a word of caution re updating software.

When I first purchased by BV8 40 about 10 months ago, it came with the third version of the software. For weeks beoport stopped working properly. After several house visits by B&O we tried taking the BV8 40 software back to the second version and now beoport works 100% again. (Im running beoport with a mac mini and latest version of BM Link).

Im no longer game to update any software, anywhere on my system..

RE: the tv being slow to respond to commands from the remote, I recently purchased a Beo 5 remote (against advice I'd add), when using this, the tv is very slow to respond, whereas no delay with the beo 4 remote. My partner actually refuses to use the BEO 5, so we have two remotes in our living room now, which so defeats the purpose.

I suspect I haven't solved your issues but have given you something else to think about!

Regards

David

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)