in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-27-2010 8:43 AM by Keith Saunders. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2010 6:32 AM

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

beovision 10 or beovision 10 PUC

What is the difference between beovision 10 PUC and beovision in the 3.87 config tool version?

thanks

PS: in this version I have problem to export configuration. it doesn't works

never explain never complain

• 08-26-2010 3:51 PM In reply to

Re: beovision 10 or beovision 10 PUC

I am not sure I fully understand your question, but based on your questions I think you may not fully understand the situation, so I will provide a basic overview.

The PUC in the Beovision is loaded by the dealer with the required STB IR converter code, so the output of the PUC is controlling your 3rd party STB via an infrared transmitter physically stuck on the front of the 3rd party STB.

The B&O version 3.87 Beo5 Configuration Tool is used by the dealers and others who have received a copy to programme the Beo5. There are standard product configurations built into the tool for products such as the Beovision 10 and each Beovision often has different facilities and functions which need to be included.

When the Beo5 has been programmed to control a source device which is a 3rd party product controlled by the PUC, the Beo5 sends standard B&O infrared signals (not the 3rd party box signals) to the beovision and the Beovision converts these commands to the assocated 3rd party product which was selected for the associated I/O port via the IR transmitter.

So, you are asking me "Why does the Beo5 not control the 3rd party product without the use of the PUC ?" The answer is it can provided you produce an XML file for that product, BUT it is better to use the PUC for several reasons, one reason is you may not have a Beo5 and use a Beo4 or have both remotes which means you can still control everything. Another reason is if you control a STB directly from the Beo5 it needs to be visible to the Beo5 infrared signal, but most people want to hide the STB's away out of sight.

You also asked about "Exporting Configuration" are you talking about saving a template or the whole configuration (configuration.xml) ?

Regards Keith....

• 08-27-2010 3:26 AM In reply to

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

no my question is: when you are in the beotool at choose products in the B&o product list you have: beovision 10-46 and beovision 10-46 PUC

what is the difference?

• 08-27-2010 3:48 AM In reply to

Sorry, I clearly misunderstood your question..

There are two (2) differences between these two XML files.

The PUC version has the following two sections removed:-

• The first is for analogue TV and analogue Teletext

<source stName="AnalogTV" nReplace="1">
          <source_item stName="Channel" nReplace="1" nHidden="1" />
          <source_item stName="Previous" nReplace="1" />
          <source_item stName="Sleep" nReplace="1" />
          <source_item stName="Game" nReplace="1" />
          <source_item stName="Menu" nReplace="1" />
          <source_item stName="Text" nReplace="1">
            <source_subItem stName="Text_Text" nReplace="1" />
          </source_item>
          <source_item stName="RePlayTV" nReplace="1" />
          <source_item stName="Av" nReplace="1" />
          <source_item stName="Record" nReplace="1" />
          <source_item stName="Record2" nReplace="1" />
        </source>

• The second is the DVB-HD module

<option stName="Modules" stCaption="Modules">
            <option_item stName="Sources" stCaption="DVB sources">
              <!--<option_subItem stName="DTV_DVBHD" stCaption="Analog TV" stAddSource="AnalogTV" stRemoveSource="TV" stLogicalConnect="TV:DTV:DVD:V.MEM:DTV2:PC:CAMERA" nSelectOnlyOneId="TV" nHidden="1" /> -->
              <option_subItem stName="TV_DVBHD" stCaption="DVB-HD EU as TV" stAddSource="DTV_DVB_HD_EU_TV_CNTL" stRemoveSource="AnalogTV" stLogicalConnect="DTV:DVD:DVD2:V.MEM:DTV2:V.AUX2:PC:CAMERA" nSelectOnlyOneId="DVB" />
              <!--   <option_subItem stName="TV_DVBMHEG" stCaption="DVB-HD MHEG as TV" stAddSource="DTV_DVB_HD_MHEG_TV" stRemoveSource="TV" stLogicalConnect="DTV:V.MEM:DTV2:PC:CAMERA" nSelectOnlyOneId="TV" /> -->
              <option_subItem stName="DTV_DVBHD" stCaption="DVB-HD EU as DTV" stAddSource="DTV_DVB_HD_EU_CNTL" stRemoveSource="DTV" stLogicalConnect="DVD:DVD2:V.MEM:DTV2:V.AUX2:PC:CAMERA" nSelectOnlyOneId="DVB" />
              <!--   <option_subItem stName="DTV_DVBMHEG" stCaption="DVB-HD MHEG as DTV" stAddSource="DTV_DVB_HD_MHEG" stRemoveSource="DTV" stLogicalConnect="V.MEM:DTV2:PC:CAMERA" nSelectOnlyOneId="DVB" /> -->
              <option_subItem stName="TV_DVBHDDCHA" stCaption="DVB-HD D, CH, A (Multifeed) as TV" stAddSource="DTV_DVB_HD_D_CH_A_TV_CNTL" stRemoveSource="AnalogTV" stLogicalConnect="DTV:DVD:DVD2:V.MEM:DTV2:V.AUX2:PC:CAMERA" nSelectOnlyOneId="DVB" />
              <option_subItem stName="DTV_DVBHDDCHA" stCaption="DVB-HD D, CH, A (Multifeed) as DTV" stAddSource="DTV_DVB_HD_D_CH_A_CNTL" stRemoveSource="DTV" stLogicalConnect="DVD:DVD2:V.MEM:DTV2:V.AUX2:PC:CAMERA" nSelectOnlyOneId="DVB" />
              <option_subItem stName="No_TV" stCaption="Use TV and DTV for external sources" stAddSource="TV" stRemoveSource="AnalogTV" stLogicalConnect="TV:DTV:DVD:DVD2:V.MEM:DTV2:V.AUX2:PC:CAMERA" nSelectOnlyOneId="DVB" />
            </option_item>

Regards Keith....

• 08-27-2010 5:21 AM In reply to

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

so it is better to choose the non PUC

• 08-27-2010 5:28 AM In reply to

Well, that depends..

Do use still use Analogue TV ?

Do you have DVBHD ?

Regards Keith....

• 08-27-2010 5:30 AM In reply to

Also, are you wishing to control a 3rd party STB with the PUC

Regards Keith....

• 08-27-2010 8:09 AM In reply to

• dueno
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-29-2007
    • bordeaux
    • Posts 147
    • Founder

I want to use 3rd party STB an panasonic bluray with the PUC

i don't need analog Tv and DVBHD even if in France the dvbhd option is obligatory

• 08-27-2010 8:43 AM In reply to

In that case use the PUC version and you will not have any un-neccesary buttons.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)