in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-01-2010 1:49 AM by Maier, Wolfram. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-31-2010 11:56 AM

BS5 - Always on standby ?

Hi everybody,

I got my Beosound 5 system now over one year. Great, no problems but one. When I shut down the system via my remote or at the controller, on both speakers the RED standby light keep burning. It becomes green, once activated again

As I am often away for a few days, I find it strange that the system ( as far as I know ) cannot be taken completely from the mains ( except pulling the plug out - but this I do not even do with my computer ! )

Am I of something not aware off or is it a fact that the units always remain in standby?

Your comments are appreciated

• 08-31-2010 12:44 PM In reply to

Re: BS5 - Always on standby ?

The speakers always remain in standby while plugged in, and so does the BS5/BM5 unless the Beomaster 5 has a mechanical mains switch somewhere (I'm not sure, probably not). Most B&O kit has been designed that way.

BTW with the same caveats, your computer stays in standby as well!

-mika

• 08-31-2010 2:52 PM In reply to

Thanks for your response. No, there is no mains at the Beomaster 5. Again, thank you

• 08-31-2010 3:04 PM In reply to

No problem Smile 

If you were thinking about the standby power consumption, the Beomaster 5 actually consumes very little, 1-1.5 watts. Older non-ICE speakers will use a little more - a Beolab 8000 takes 1.8W for example - but the combined standby consumption of a BM/BS5 and two speakers should still stay under five watts. An ADSL router will probably use more!

-mika

• 09-01-2010 1:49 AM In reply to

Yes - I was wondering about the consumption. But it is really not much, nothing to worry about. Again, thank you very much ...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)