in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-26-2010 7:07 AM by vikinger. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2010 1:41 PM

"Magic" Remote control....as seen on BBC. Should B&O innovate like this ??

Obviously the shape is a gimick - but the idea and ease of use are, it seems to me, the kind of thing the general public expect from B&O.

The "magic movements" have been a stated design element for years, and I lost count of the number of times a new-to-the-brand potental customer expected the motorised TV stands to somehow "magically" follow you round the room.....so an actual magic wand would be just the thing to impress newbies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11089786

Impressive work for two men.

• 08-25-2010 2:03 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: "MAgic" Remote control....as seen on BBC. Should B&O innovate like this ??

I watched this episode of Dragons Den & was very impressed by these 2.Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 08-25-2010 2:04 PM In reply to

Missed Dragons Den but I like this... 

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-25-2010 2:17 PM In reply to

Mentioned in this thread.

Suspect the technology is well known: they've just dressed it up as a Harry Potter prop!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-26-2010 5:00 AM In reply to

vikinger:

Suspect the technology is well known: they've just dressed it up as a Harry Potter prop!

Graham

Graham - No doubt.  I still maintain that this kind of "magic" is what the average punter expects from B&O.

And as we all know, dressing up existing tech in a different hat is hardly a new idea in Struer..Wink.....  It just seems to me that some of that functionality within one or more BeoRemotes would be met with smiles all round.

For example - when I was, in my past life, demonstrating BeoVisions and BeoSounds, being able to say to Mr & Mrs Newbie, " You just pick up your Beo4 and point it (decisively) at your Hi Fi / TV and the last played source resumes."  would, without question, have been a major major selling point. 

Just like the "move your hand towards the Hi-Fi" or "just turn it on" prompts, which result in seemingly "magic" movements, have been key parts of the BeoAppeal for years.

And if it costs so little, and is so small, how much/hard would it be to licence and build into a next generation Beo4/5/6 etc ?

• 08-26-2010 7:07 AM In reply to

folkdeejay:

vikinger:

Graham

Graham - No doubt.  I still maintain that this kind of "magic" is what the average punter expects from B&O.

And as we all know, dressing up existing tech in a different hat is hardly a new idea in Struer..Wink.....  It just seems to me that some of that functionality within one or more BeoRemotes would be met with smiles all round.

For example - when I was, in my past life, demonstrating BeoVisions and BeoSounds, being able to say to Mr & Mrs Newbie, " You just pick up your Beo4 and point it (decisively) at your Hi Fi / TV and the last played source resumes."  would, without question, have been a major major selling point. 

Just like the "move your hand towards the Hi-Fi" or "just turn it on" prompts, which result in seemingly "magic" movements, have been key parts of the BeoAppeal for years.

And if it costs so little, and is so small, how much/hard would it be to licence and build into a next generation Beo4/5/6 etc ?

I agree. You would also think that this cheap technology could be incorporated into a Beotime giving it a major function upgrade for little extra cost.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)