in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-22-2010 4:22 PM by PhilLondon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2010 4:57 PM

Can my Beo4 control my Mac?

Hey all,  have see posts suggestion it's possible to build a IR control that will attach to a computer to control music files with my Beo4. Is this possible with a Mac? Is there a way to build one that will plug into USB? Are there any recent ideas on this subject? All I really need to do is control itunes tract forward and backward. What about building an iPod dock that can control IPod with Beo4? I am trying to build it myself and avoid the cost of buying...thanks!

• 08-21-2010 7:41 PM In reply to

Re: Can my Beo4 control my Mac?

Beo4 can only control a Mac through a TV with PUC. Ipod/Iphone dock is cheap and can be found here: http://eu.bosscom.com/product.asp?id=999&m1=2076&m2=2253&m3=&m4= 

Hope this was helpful...

• 08-22-2010 2:19 AM In reply to

Hi, my suggestion is to direct your money and efforts that would be involved in developing this concept elsewhere.  Steve at Sounds Heavenly has a mod for the BEO4 which already does exactly what you propose, and you can configure to any source button on your BEO4.  Best contact him via steve@soundsheavenly.co.uk

Argos is a good source for the dock.

• 08-22-2010 4:22 PM In reply to

You can also control you Mac fully with the Beo4, using Beoport, an IR eye and LinkPlayer.

Additionally you'll get N.MUSIC and N.RADIO in other rooms if you masterlink it.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)