in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-24-2010 10:50 AM by wirralsimon. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-23-2010 7:41 PM

Beovox CX50 Woofer dead

Hi, im new to this. A friend of mine asked me to try repair some of these speakers for him. They wern't exactly clear what was wrong, they just said one didnt work very well (they marked it with an X). Well i took a look and saw the fomes were compleatly shot on the both speakers so ordered a set of foams and refoamed them.

Took them back, plugged them in and it turns out the woofer on the one he marked dousnt work at all. So swaped it into the other one and still dousnt work.

Any suggestions on the problem the copper wire isnt broken between where it conects to the wires and where it goes into the speaker.

Is this fixable or do i need a new woofer. If so where from, looked round and only seem to be able to find repairers not repacement parts

Thankyou very much

• 08-23-2010 11:38 PM In reply to

• Jon
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-05-2009
    • Posts 138
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovox CX50 Woofer dead

Maybe the voice coil is blown then? Did you meter out the voice coil? What was the resistance? Does the driver make any sound at all? Did you make absolutely sure that the cone was able to move freely without the voice coil scraping after you refoamed it?

Jon

• 08-24-2010 1:33 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Welcome to Beoworld !

The CX woofers are still available from B&O so if you can't find one by a fellow Beoworld'er (I don't have one at present),
    you should be able to buy a new one (or a pair) from your local dealer. They are not very costly.

Martin

• 08-24-2010 4:34 AM In reply to

Last time I bought  a CX woofer if was £25 here in the UK. You may have to phone more than one dealer as some dealers will happily sell you a drive unit and others will insist on you paying them to fit it as well.

Simon

• 08-24-2010 8:56 AM In reply to

Hi thanks for all the replies. By woofer for £25 does that mean the whole speaker (magnet attached) that simply just needs soldering to two wires (orange and yellow)

• 08-24-2010 10:44 AM In reply to

Hi i got a quote from a repair place. Is the driver what im looking for (the whole woofer speaker) thankyou

Repair place:

CX 50 driver inc P&p and vat  £41.22

• 08-24-2010 10:50 AM In reply to

It is the whole driver unit, four screws and two wires is all that is involved.

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)