in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-06-2010 8:35 AM by Alex. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2010 5:06 AM

New Jensen designed Toshiba Television

A new Jensen designed Toshiba thin TV has been announced. The glass screen in front of a metal edging is reminiscent of several B&O TV's.

Graham

EDIT First page text here. Toshiba official announcement of the Regza VL.

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 09-06-2010 5:40 AM In reply to

Re: New Jensen designed Toshiba Television

Apologies for repeated edits in that first post.

Reading the specifications on the Toshiba site, this TV has the potential to take sales from B&O customers not satisified with B&O software & connectivity etc, but subject to a number of as-yet unknowns inc sound quality and probable need to take the Lintronics route for Beo4 control.

Using the Jensen design house is a blatant attempt by Toshiba to seek comparison with B&O!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 09-06-2010 5:41 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

that is very nice... the gap is closing between B&O and other manufacturers. In all fairness, B&O televisions such as the BV8 and BV10 are starting to look blatantly over priced... that's my two cents anyway...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-06-2010 6:18 AM In reply to

With CRT tvs you could get designers to come up with something new and spectacular looking (Avant, MX, AV9000) but how hard is it to design a flat screen tv. Its a rectangle with a chrome strip round it. What else is there to actually design on it?

Edit. Just actually looked at the link and it hasnt got a chrome edge but still, its a rectangle with little else involved.

If you click on a headline on the original link it appears LG will launching a 31" OLED in March for £6,000 which must be very worrying for B&O!

Simon

If you click on a headline on the original link it appears LG will launching a 31" OLED in March for £6,000 which must be very worrying for B&O!

Simon

• 09-06-2010 7:40 AM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

beaker:

With CRT tvs you could get designers to come up with something new and spectacular looking (Avant, MX, AV9000) but how hard is it to design a flat screen tv. Its a rectangle with a chrome strip round it. What else is there to actually design on it?

Edit. Just actually looked at the link and it hasnt got a chrome edge but still, its a rectangle with little else involved.

Thats the thing....thats not really anything to design really! Hardly a feat of design. At least with B&O if you look at it you can tell its B&O....look at this tv still can't tell if its a Toshiba or Samsung!

Durban South Africa

• 09-06-2010 8:35 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSRQ_2ClnFk

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)