in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-16-2010 3:09 AM by Dave. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2010 4:00 AM

Beosound 1 problem

Hi,

My Beosound 1 is acting up. Some months ago, it stopped responding to my remote (without any warning) and although I can still use it by pushing the buttons manually, it sort of takes out the whole idea of having one not close to my bed. What might have caused this and more importantly - how do I solve it?

• 08-13-2010 12:40 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound 1 problem

Hi,

it seems like you accidently changed the option programming of your Beosound 1.

You can switch options via Beo 4 remote; and one option is NOT to react to the remote ;-)

On the Beo 4 remote you press "power off" (the red dot) and "list) simoultanesly. Than you will see "Add?" in the display. Now scroll down/up with the navigation keys of the Beo 4 until you see "Option?".

Here you can program the Beosound options. I don't know if it's option 1 or 0. Somebody here in the forum should know.

If there are any other Beosounds/TVs near the Beosound 1 make sure, that they DO NOT get the option programming!

• 08-13-2010 12:56 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Option programming is the likely cause of your problem adn the remedy is outlined above. 

It's also worth rembering that if a plasma screen is on in the same room it will block ir signals and stop BeoSound1 from responding to Beo4.

Opman

• 08-13-2010 5:32 PM In reply to

I like this forum.  I think it can be a very useful technical resource for people, as well as a place for general B&O chat.

However, a lot of people seem to be very quick to chirp in with technical advice who actually don't know what they are talking about, which ultimately wastes peoples times and undermines the value of the whole site.

In this case the OP might have gone home and spent hours trying to option program his BeoSound 1, which is a device which doesn't even have a masterlink plug, and so can't be option programmed.

People need to feel free to post what they thnk is relevant, but I am amazed every time I visit for a browse, by how many people offer technical input on subjects that they clearly know nothing about.

• 08-14-2010 4:03 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

rednik:

I like this forum.  I think it can be a very useful technical resource for people, as well as a place for general B&O chat.

However, a lot of people seem to be very quick to chirp in with technical advice who actually don't know what they are talking about, which ultimately wastes peoples times and undermines the value of the whole site.

In this case the OP might have gone home and spent hours trying to option program his BeoSound 1, which is a device which doesn't even have a masterlink plug, and so can't be option programmed.

People need to feel free to post what they thnk is relevant, but I am amazed every time I visit for a browse, by how many people offer technical input on subjects that they clearly know nothing about.

It's easy it criticize... but instead of criticizing you should help post the relevant information! 

If the Beosound 1 is not defective it seems to be the option programing problem!

I finaly found the information in the Service Manual of the Beosound 1:

Set BeoSound 1 in option 0 (no IR) or option 1 (IR) using Beo4 -
    BeoSound 1 must be in standby. Press and hold V then press LIST. Press

LIST (until OPTION) then GO. Press LIST (until A.OPTION) then GO. Press 0 or 1. 

After this procedure, the Beosound 1 should normaly react to the remote again.

• 08-14-2010 9:30 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

rednik:

which is a device which doesn't even have a masterlink plug, and so can't be option programmed.

Yes it can, i used to program mine to option 0.

The offer of help (whether or not it's helpul is beside the point) should not be discouraged. I personally just see it as brainstorming and all suggestions should be welcome, there is no harm in that, as opposed to coming on here and shutting someone down>

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-14-2010 9:54 AM In reply to

Considering what seems to be an elevated level of tension this week on BeoWorld...

Sorry, this thread made me Laughing

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-14-2010 2:15 PM In reply to

burantek:

Considering what seems to be an elevated level of tension this week on BeoWorld...

Same here! LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Don't be disheartened rednik. You're not the first person to make a valid point using an example that completely  undermines it (or proves the point in an unexpected way!)

If only you'd known.....there's even advice in this thread from a very experienced main B&O dealer!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-15-2010 1:38 AM In reply to

burantek:

I know what you mean ! (I think ... I can think of one thread anyway that stepped out of bounds)

But it did not quite make me laugh ... it convinced me that there was a system I had not heard of (even though I did down load the manual to help the OP)

But when I saw the fix, I went back and found that it does support a Beo 4 remote ... something I was not aware of!

So I learned something :)

Does this mean I should check the Beosound 3's features ?

And yes I have been as guilty as most of posting, with all the best intentions in the world, a misleading piece of advice Laughing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-15-2010 10:45 AM In reply to

I have to say I love this forum and also all the good advice given by various members.

Thanks guys - now it works the way it should again - WITH IR! Big Smile

• 08-16-2010 3:09 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh that's great to hear! That's what i love about this forum, there has not been a problem that couldn't be fixed with all the people that are here to chip in Smile

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)