in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-14-2010 1:41 AM by Dillen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-13-2010 11:16 PM

Beogram CD X

Dear Fellow Enthusiasts,

I just bought a beautiful condition (externally) Beogram CD X on e-bay to go with my Beogram 3300which still works perfectly at its old age.

On power up, the panel lights, first with a question mark,  and on pressing play, it opens and the disc tray rises. I put in a disc.  On pressing play the tray drops, zeroes appear in the display and the lid closes, then NOTHING!

OK, it doesnt work as the seller said'it did, but do I still have any hope for  repair? I am 60 and not electro-technical, but could probably do something simple like replacing a belt. Your advice would be so welcome after waiting years to add this to my collection.

Thanks for a great site and so many helpful people.

Jeffrey

Filed under:
  • 08-14-2010 1:41 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beogram CD X

Jeffrey, welcome to Beoworld !

Sounds like the only belt in this machine is actually doing fine. That's the one used for driving the lid.
    Your Beogram CD X will most likely suffer from cracked solder joints and aging capacitors.
    All CD X machines do if not already taken care of.
    The solder joints in question are primarily the ones on the power supply module and there are
    usually also some found here and there on the servo and sound boards.
    The servo and sound boards also have some rivet vias that are causing a lot of problems.
    Do a search here and you will find a lot more info.
    A capacitor kit is available but servicing this beautiful machine is goofy to say the least.
    Not a beginners machine and replacing the capacitors is a job for a tech guy with some experience.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)