in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-17-2010 2:49 PM by Electrified. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-02-2010 6:52 PM

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

MOTS "exclude" doesn't always exclude

So, with the recent software upgrade and the ability to exclude music from the MOTS queue, I thought it was safe to load up Frank Zappa's Sheik Yerbouti.  I carefully used the exclude feature for the entire album as there are only a few songs that are safe for "all ages".  Yesterday, I had a house full of 11-12 year old girls over w/parents for an "end of the season" softball party... and MOTS decided to play "Broken Hearts are for A**holes"... Yikes!!! Surprise

Luckily, this was after everybody had left, and my wife and I were cleaning up (and my daugher had gone to bed).  However, 30-40 minutes earlier would have been a disaster.

Has anybody else experienced this?  I haven't heard it play any of the single songs on my exclude list, but this was very close to a "worst case scenario".  My wife thinks I should delete it and just listen to the CD (like I did before the software update), but my CDs are a mess and the BS5 was supposed to fix this. Super Angry

Stan

• 08-11-2010 12:54 PM In reply to

Re: MOTS "exclude" doesn't always exclude

Sorry to hear about this. I have also experienced problems with excluded track being played anyhow in MOTS, but until now I reckoned I made some kind of mistake in the excluding procedure... I have, however, tried several times, but Christmas carrols keep ringing despite all my efforts. Too bad the promised feature seems to be non-functional. Sad

/Anniber

• 08-12-2010 4:26 PM In reply to

It doesn´t work for me either. It seems as the yes in the cleaning box within maintenance just changes to no so exclude do not work...

I´ll test a little more further but so far too bad...

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 08-16-2010 12:05 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

My excluded songs/albums do show in the "Exclude" list, but every once in a while, it does not pay attention Sad

I wonder if it is an album vs. song issue.  That is, maybe excluded songs work, but when you exclude the entire CD, not so much...

Stan

• 08-16-2010 3:24 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Stan:

My excluded songs/albums do show in the "Exclude" list, but every once in a while, it does not pay attention Sad

I wonder if it is an album vs. song issue.  That is, maybe excluded songs work, but when you exclude the entire CD, not so much...

Stan

I`m afraid you are right. I had some christmas songs last week and it`s definately not december. I "excluded" the whole album not the songs.

So maybe we have to exclude every single song....

Stefan

• 08-17-2010 5:59 AM In reply to

If you exclude an album, you don't exclude the tracks, because maybe they are on another album. So that's why you have to exclude the track, then it will be secure to use, because the track will be exclude from any album.

• 08-17-2010 6:10 AM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Thorngaard:
    If you exclude an album, you don't exclude the tracks, because maybe they are on another album. So that's why you have to exclude the track, then it will be secure to use, because the track will be exclude from any album.

If that is true, that is a less than stellar system. One ought to be able to exclude albums as well as the odd track from different albums. Not simultaneously, mind, but if I have a christmas album, or that album I have with real (!!!) female orgasms recorded with up to 16 microphones, I should not have to select each track in that album, besides go search for odd tracks around on my harddisks. No, I should be able to exclude my christmas album, my orgasm album, or even my radio montage albums by excluding the individual albums as a whole. Other copies of the tracks I want to exclude not in the excluded albums, should of course be tracked down individually.

But to me it sounds like a poor excuse. If the song is in another album as well as on the excluded album it's a separate track. The solution to that is not making it impossible to exclude albums, but making sure you have sorted your music in an easy to use manner so you don't have to spend a lot of time tracking down wayward tracks.

• 08-17-2010 12:12 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

If excluding albums doesn't work, then the system should not let you do it. 

Btw, the song I originally complained about is only on 1 album in my collection...  Especially for Christmas songs - where one will probably want to periodically include/exclude these tracks, the ability to exclude by album is really a must.

Stan

• 08-17-2010 2:49 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

Stan:
    If excluding albums doesn't work, then the system should not let you do it. 

Hehe, yes, that too!Erm

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)