in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-08-2010 12:24 PM by Russ. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2010 10:06 PM

Beolab 3500 HELP

Hello, and thank you for reading and hopefully helping me. I recently got 3 - Beolab 3500 speakers, they were a little banged up but I re-did their grills and they now look great. I have already a Beosound 9000 and beolab 8000 speakers hooked up to it. The line I have is the 8 or 9 pin beoline. That said, I have hooked all 3 of the beolab 3500's with the same connections I'm using on my 8000's (that work) but I can't get them to play. I have a beo4 remote and I've tried controlling them with it but they don't seem to recognize the remote. I'm so lost can someon please help out a new fan and user. Thanks so much!

• 08-02-2010 4:03 AM In reply to

NicklasT:
    That said, I have hooked all 3 of the beolab 3500's with the same connections I'm using on my 8000's (that work) but I can't get them to play.

Are you talking about this kind of Beolab 3500? (also see B&O) If you are, then I believe they are driven by a MasterLink connections (see here), not a PowerLink cable like the BeoLab 8000s (see here).

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-02-2010 11:41 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 3500 HELP

Elephant,

Thanks so much for the reply. The guy I bought them from had them connected with a master link however it has the powerlink connection as well. I would think it should be able to be played by a powerlink cable if they equiped it with it as well? Do you have an idea what what would be the cheapest media player or something that has a masterlink? I want to test them asap to make sure they work. Thanks again for your time and expertise!

• 08-02-2010 11:44 AM In reply to

It looks like I can just buy a new masterlink cable and hook it into my beosound 9000 but it only has one masterlink output I believe. I'll see if ebay has that cable.

Thanks all!

• 08-02-2010 11:54 AM In reply to

NicklasT:
    It looks like I can just buy a new masterlink cable and hook it into my beosound 9000 but it only has one masterlink output I believe.

Welcome to BeoWorld!

That is correct... (1) ML on the 9000.

Buy the cable and you can test each of them separately.

If they all work and you decide to install them around the house... you'll obviously need more ML cable which can be bought in bulk (spool) and connectors from a dealer. You can simply create a daisychain. The question you will need to answer is how to connect it all together.

You can:

1.) Use a B&o 6 port ML hub

2.) Use B&o large and/or small junction boxes to accommodate splicing

3.) Rough splice them yourself

Search the site... lots of info on accomplishing this.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-02-2010 12:02 PM In reply to

Thank you so much that's the guidance I was looking for. Thank you guys and have a wonderful da!

• 08-08-2010 12:24 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

As usual, Jeff is on point.

As an aside to all of this...the question of the PoweLink socket crops up every so often...so a little help there:

The 3500 was originally released as the LCS-9000 at the end of the MCL era.  The 8-pin socket is NOT a PL socket; it is a special, single purpose MCL socket, for which there was a series of adaptor cables (various lengths) produced.  These cables can still be found when needed.  In the BL-3500s produced most recently the ML socket is active by default, but the MCL socket is still present and can be activated using a remote control.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)