in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2010 4:45 AM by johnheartfield. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2010 10:39 AM

Beovision 7 - 40 MK 2 and new Amstrad Sky+ HD box

Have just had my faulty old sky+HD box replaced with a new Amstrad one. Problem is there is now no picture (or pulsing picture) on the TV when I use the HDMI to DVI converter. Picture is fine through scart connection - but no HD quality.

Both my B&O dealer and the the Sky technician say it is a "known" problem with MK 1's and 2'and also happens with some Sony TV's.

Anybody out there in BeoWorld land who has managed to solve this before my wife gets me to cancel my HD subsciption?

John

p.s. there may be another thread going on this as it is such a big problem but I could not find it. Apologies if this is the case

• 08-27-2010 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7 - 40 MK 2 and new Amstrad Sky+ HD box

Had exactly the same problem with B&O blaming Sky and vice versa.  Problem solved by replacing the Amstrad with a new Pace box.  When I say solved, it was for the vast majority of the time, but when the problem reoccurred I simply switched to TV and then back to Digital, which seemed to cure it

The main problem withe the mark ii is the lack of connections - don't even ask me about my problems trying to connect Beomedia 1 and the Apple TV

In the end, I bit the bullet and bought the mark iv

• 08-27-2010 11:47 AM In reply to

Thank you for the quick response. My previous box was a Thompson that worked fine. Sky guy said everything now would be Amstrad.

Had a suggestion from a B&O dealership that the Sky Box frequency had to be set at 50 rather than 60. Two problems with this. First you cannot change the frequency on the new sky Boxes - the option has gone in the menu. Second the boxes only run at 50 now because they are produced only for the Uk market apparently.

All link rooms work fine with the new Sky Box so i am sure it is a MK 2 issue.

I think my wife will fire the bullet before she lets me buy a MK4Smile

• 08-27-2010 1:38 PM In reply to

Hi John,

Any chance you can ask SKY for a Samsung box? I got mine in May of this year and that's a really good box - my friend got an Amstrad at the same time and the picture is rather nasty on his even in HD. I also notice the AMSTRAD's run very very warm which i think leads to reliability problems.

I'd be gutted if i'd spent the cost of a MINI Cooper on a TV only to find it not working properly!

• 08-27-2010 2:29 PM In reply to

do not know if it has any bearing on the situation, i have bv 10 tv software shows amstrad thompson pace and samsung, b and o engineer set it to thompson works perfect he said better

malcolm

• 08-27-2010 3:54 PM In reply to

Again guys thanks for the comments.

Sky have offered to try and track me down an old Thompson box if nothing else works.

Still hoping someone out there knows of a solution to this which means I can keep the new box and get some HD (though poor 720 HD) out of my 7 - 40.

John

• 08-28-2010 5:17 AM In reply to

just to clarify i have new amstrad hd box but se tto thompson

malcolm

• 08-30-2010 4:45 AM In reply to

Thanks for the clarification Malcolm. Mine is also set to Thompson still. I am not sure how you change this setting on a MK II anyway!

John

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)