in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2010 3:36 PM by Harry2008. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2010 7:18 AM

cover (art); resolution

Hello!

Sorry I'm opening a new thread after scanning the forum via search engine - but all my question haven't been answered

I've found out that the resolution should be a least 500x500 - of higher?! I've read that some of you scaled down to 500x500 - is it necessary to do this? I would thing that pictures with a higher resolution should be displayed as well?!

My music library is build up on iTunes/Mac; ok, I can copy the files with beoconnect (with less options) - there won't be a problem with my covers?! I don't want to copy each jpeg-file "by hand"/manually - it was terrible enough to get the covers for each album...

thanks elmar

• 08-29-2010 11:56 AM In reply to

Re: cover (art); resolution

I have been setting the resolution at 600 by 600 which seems to look best on the Beosound 5 screen.  I am only doing this when I have the CD and scan the cover myself.  When I manually scan the CD cover, I scan at a high rate and then reduce the size.

However most of the iTunes covers will look good.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 08-30-2010 2:15 PM In reply to

ok thanks; that means I can use my cover with might have a better res than 500x500; 

regards elmar

• 08-30-2010 3:36 PM In reply to

600x600 should be fine. Larger is possible as well, however tend to consume a lot of additional disk space too Surprise

If you are missing covers, have a look at the following site:

http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php 

For a Mac program to support you to find covers, you could give Coverscout a try:

http://www.equinux.com/us/products/coverscout/index.html  

(I know, not the cheapest around, but which large libraries it can save you a lot of time)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)