in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-07-2010 2:36 PM by auric. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2010 8:24 PM

Beocom 6000 Out Of Range

Hi:

I have a Beocom 6000. It was working fine until just recently when it began displaying "out of range."

I tried resetting and reconnecting to the base but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Derek

• 06-23-2010 11:30 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 6000 Out Of Range

Derek,

The "Out of Range" message can have several causes including:-

1. Weather conditions can reduce the range
    2. If your Beocom 6000 is a Mark I version then the RF chip on the PCB could have failed

So we can determine the problem, can you please answer the following questions:-

1. Do you have other Beocom 6000's using the same base which are working correctly or do you just have the one Beocom 6000 ?
    2. Is your Beocom 6000 a Mark I or II. Does it have a DOT or INT on the button at the 9 o'clock position of the dial
    3. Do you get the "Out of Range" message even when you have the phone next to the base unit ?

Regards Keith....

• 06-23-2010 2:43 PM In reply to

Keith:

Firstly, many thanks for your reply.

To answer your questions:

1) Only one beocm 6000

2) I forget if it is MK1 or 2.... It has a "DOT"

3) Out of Range even when 6 inches from base.

Can the RF chip be easily replaced??? Expensive? Worth fixing? We really love the phone.

Derek

• 06-24-2010 4:24 AM In reply to

Derek,

As you have a Mark I Beocom 6000 and you only have one phone the most likely cause will be the RF chip, BUT could also be a fault in the base.

The RF chips on the Mark I PCB are no longer manufacturered and so cannot be replaced.

However, B&O do produce an upgrade kit which replaces most of the Mark I parts which you can see HERE

To be 100% sure that this is the fault it would be helpful if you could borrow a working Beocom 6000 to test your base. Having said that, and given your previous statements, I would say the RF chip is the most likely fault.

For you and other members interested in Beocom 6000 issues and variations, there are some common pictures I have previously posted HERE

Regards Keith....

• 06-24-2010 10:35 AM In reply to

Keith:

Many thanks!

Any idea how much for the kit?

Derek

• 06-24-2010 10:43 AM In reply to

Derek,

Expect to pay around £60..

Regards Keith....

• 07-07-2010 2:36 PM In reply to

Hi Keith:

As a quick follow up to this problem.

1) It turns out that the battery was bad. This was not at all obvious since it retained a charge and powered up and otherwise functioned properly with a lit display etc... 

2) This upgrade kit that you suggested, I am told by B&O in Canada is only for European models. They offered me a battery instead and it seems to have worked :) (for now).

Thanks for coming to the rescue yet again.

Best,

Derek

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)