in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-04-2010 10:49 AM by Bentleyman. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-04-2010 10:49 AM

Repairs to MCP5500 and RedLine 140's

Hello all Beoworlders...

I have come by :

A Master Control Panel 5500 in reasonable cosmetic condition

A pair of Redline 140's also in reasonable cosmetic condition

Both require attention.....

The MCP5500 will power on and will also send commands to the master (sporadically) - but it is malfunctioning in that certain display icons unrelated to what the system is doing suddenly flash up on the MCP display for no apparent reason. It quite often requires several presses of a button in order for it to do what you want it to do. It's basically unreliable in it's operation and is just not behaving correctly....

The Redlines are (internally) in a poor state.....1 speaker seems only to be omitting sound from 1 driver (and that is poor quality sound).....the 2nd speaker I think two drivers are working but thats about it.......essentially they are internally in a poor state and the sound they produce is hollow, totally lacking range especially any bass. They both obviously need total internal renovation. The external condition of the cabinets & frets is really rather good considering they are approx 22yrs old. I think they have mainly been used on the ceiling pole accessory which have helped keep them cosmetically good - but have obviously not helped in preserving the condition of the drivers within. (I have the ceiling poles & floor stands with these speakers).

My question is simple - could anyone recommend anybody who could renovate/repair either the MCP or these big passive speakers. With the MCP anyone based within the UK would be no problem to package it and send it off....the RL140's however are a different matter of course the size and weight meaning that I need to try to find someone with the skills to repair them within reasonable driving distance from me.....Manchester area including Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cheshire, Merseyside, North Wales etc...

If anyone could recommend anybody for either or both of these items I would be very grateful - I would like to try to 'save' these B&O items rather than taking them down to the tip..

Thanks in anticipation to anyone who may be able to help me..

Michael

Michael

BV5, BV Avant, MX4000, MX1500

BS 7000, BS 5500

Penta III, Penta II, BL 4000, RL 60.2,  RL 35, CX-100 Alu

BL 7000, MCP6500, MCP5500,  BL 5000,  Beo4 (x2), BL 1000 (x2)

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)