in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-04-2010 2:48 PM by NickPope. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-03-2010 11:20 AM

• NickPope
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-21-2007
    • Reading, UK
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Beocenter 2600 how thick is a piece of thread?

Sorry that was just a tag line to catch interest. I have a Beocenter 2600 in pieces on the bench and the dial drive cord connecting the tuning slider to the fm tuner  is broken. I've found an old manual which indicates how it is attached round various pulleys. However I presume that the spare cord is not available - any suggestions for a suitable replacement? I guess it will need to be both strong and not too slippy but also not too tight.

Thanks

• 08-03-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 2600 how thick is a piece of thread?

It's real dial string.
    I've seen fishing line and other types used with different success but there's nothing
    like the real thing.
    It's still available from some dealers.

Martin

• 08-03-2010 4:03 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

How much do you need? Pretty sure I have some in the shed.If I have enough you are more than welcome to it.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-04-2010 2:48 PM In reply to

• NickPope
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-21-2007
    • Reading, UK
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Craig

Thanks so much. The manual says 125 cm which sounds like a lot I know but it goes round several pulleys.

If you have it i'm

Nick Pope

61 West Chiltern

Woodcote

Reading RG8 0SG

I've got little to offer in return unless you want a copy of the service manual! Incidentally I got the Beocenter and manual  for free from Freecycle - bits turn up occasionally so you might want to register in your area. Once I get this one up and running I can use it instead of my really old and failing Beolab/Beomaster 1700 setup which I bought myself for my 21st birthday (I'm 60 next year!).

Best regards

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)