in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-22-2010 9:49 AM by Beobuddy. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (23 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-18-2010 1:45 PM

Audio setup in masterlink connection

Hello.

First of all, scuse me for my bad english.....

I have moved into my new house, and today, i have connected my B&o equipment into the new living room.Beolab

In my old house, tey were not connected with masterlink, but now, i have bought some new speaker and i would like to have a good sound-system working fine.....

Well... the Tv is a Beovision5 setted to 'option2' and connected via masterlink in the same room with a Beosound Ouverture setted to 'option0'.

I have 2 front speaker (beolab 4000), 2 rear speaker (beolab 5000) and a subwoofer beolab2.

I have done the 'speaker setup' into Beovision5 (i have setted 'beolab penta' as rear speaker because in the menu there were not the beolab 5000).

Ok.

When i turn on the Tv, only the tv-speaker works..... but i have read the user-manual an i have seen i must select 'speaker-option' on the remote controller and select 1,2,3,4 or 5, in order to choose the speaker to works.

When i turn on the radio, i see a strange behaviour...... Choosing 'sound option 3', i can hear the 2 front speaker and the Beovision speaker working..... ok.

Choosing 'sound option 4', i can hear the 2 front speaker and the 2 rear speaker working..... ok (sounds good!).

Choosing 'sound option 5', i can hear the 2 front speaker, the 2 rear speaker and the Beovision speaker working.....

But there are no more 'sound options' and so, the beolab2, is not working when i listen the radio........ it seems impossible......

Can someone help me making work my beolab 2?

I hope i have explain, because i know my english is very bad....

Thank you.

Ema from Italy

• 07-18-2010 3:12 PM In reply to

Re: Audio setup in masterlink connection

There are 5 sockets on the back of the TV.  Two marked 'front', two marked 'rear' and one marked 'subwoofer'.  The Beolab 2 should be connected to this subwoofer socket.

Then in the 'Speaker Type' menu, you should make sure 'Subwoofer' set to 'Yes'.

• 07-19-2010 12:26 AM In reply to

I obviously have connected every soket and set subvoofer to 'yes'.

But it does not works

• 07-19-2010 5:17 AM In reply to

The very strange thing, is the 'sound-option'.

When i set it to '1', only tv speaker works, and this is ok.

But even if i set option '3', the only speaker working is the tv speaker.

I am sure this is a setting issue, but i don't know how to solve.

Can please someone help me?

• 07-19-2010 5:56 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

emabonacchi:

When i set it to '1', only tv speaker works, and this is ok.

But even if i set option '3', the only speaker working is the tv speaker. 

Cause#1: the program is "mono" therefore the sound is being reproduced only from the TV speaker

Cause#2: speakers are not properly adjusted/connected - read your user guide and follow the instuctions/procedures ...

• 07-19-2010 7:07 AM In reply to

But why listening to the radio (stereo) i have the same problem?

And the subwoofer beolab2 does not works.....

• 07-19-2010 11:52 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

OK - lets start at the very beginning ...

- all speakers are connected to the power ? red LED ?

- all speakers properly connected  ?
      2 cables to both FRONT ;
      2 cables to both REAR ;
      1 cable (BLB2) to SUB ?

- all switches on the back of the speakers on the correct position ?
      "L" on both (front and rear) postioned left 
      "R" on both (front and rear) postioned right of your TV 
       (when you are looking from your viewing position)

-  in "Speaker Setup" select BLB 4000 for FRONT as well as REAR
       and set SUBWOOFER to "YES"

- STORE the settings by pressing GO

- then proceed with the volume adjustment of your speakers
      in "automatic" mode a wideband noise signal is "jumping"
      clockwise from speaker to speaker .

- adjust the level of each speaker to an equal level refering to the
      center speaker in your BV5 (from your preferred listening posiotion) 

- STORE the settings by pressing GO  

- Check if the sound is now coming 
      fromf 3 front speakers at video sources
      and from 2 front speakers at audio sources....

• 07-20-2010 12:35 AM In reply to

Thanks for your reply, Vienna.

I did every step you suggest me and everythink seems to be correct in installation.

When i turn the radio on, every led on every speaker, turns green, end only the 2 front speaker play sound.

If i select 'speaker option 4', 2 front speaker and 2 rear speaker, play sound.

If i select 'speaker option 5',  only the tv-speaker play sound.

Yesterday, i have try to play a dvd on beovision.

Well, a very very strange thing happens:

WHen i have inserted the dvd, before starting the movie, there were the main menu with the music. The front speaker, were playing the music.

I have made the choice 'Play the movie', so the movie has started, and no more sound in any speaker.....

I only can see the movie, but i can not hear any sound.

What can be the problem?......i think it's a very very strange thing.... it make me crazy!

• 07-20-2010 2:56 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

You need to set up the coaxial cables from dvd player and/or set-top-box to the Beovision to transfer digital sound data...

Maybe a converter, too.

You seem to hear only the analog sound, not the DTS/Dolby digital one.

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 07-20-2010 6:51 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

kallasr:

You need to set up the coaxial cables from dvd player and/or set-top-box to the Beovision to transfer digital sound data...

Maybe a converter, too. You seem to hear only the analog sound, not the DTS/Dolby digital one.

Ralf

Ralf is right - for DIGITAL sound you'll need an additional CINCH<>CINCH Cable
    (and, if your DVD-player has no Coaxial/Cinch/SPDIF-Out but only an Optical Digital Out
    - also a converter).

Would be helpful if you tell us all additional sources to be connected to your BV5 !

As a workaround you very likely can set the sound options in the menue of the DVD-player
    and/or in the DVD-menue to "stereo" / "analog(ue) output" / or "whatever it is named" -
    depending of the brand of your DVD to get an analogue output to your SCART connection.

The default/automatic standard speaker settings for BV 5 are:

- Audio sources like CD/Radio/... Speaker 2 = only the the two (external) FRONT

- Video sources like TV/V-Tape/V.Mem/... Speaker 3 = only the the two (external) FRONT + the CENTER

- Video sources when connected with an additional Coaxial/Cinch/SPDIF-Cable: 
      depending on the soudtrack >> automatic switching to the adequate speaker-config (e.g. 2/3/5)

Manual speaker setting is possible (overruling the automatic setting) by selecting "Speaker" from "List"
    and pressing 1/2/3/4/5 to activate the desired speaker(s).

e.g. Speaker 1 >> only the internal (center) speakers of the TV
    e.g. Speaker 4 >> 2 x stereo to external FRONT as well as REAR but no sound from the center speaker 

A special note about Speaker 5:

! Speaker 5 should only be selected if the sound is "Dolby Digital" or "Dolby Surround" !

Selecting Speaker 5 at "non Dolby" signals will bring undesirable results
    e.g. during the news or old films (both are in many cases pure "mono")
    the sound will come only from the center-speaker of your BV5 and selecting
    Speaker 3 would bring better results ...

• 07-21-2010 6:51 AM In reply to

Very very useful informations, many thanks!

My dvd, is a B&o Dvd1, now i am going to read well user manual....

But my answer is: so, is not possible to listen to the radio with Beolab2??....

• 07-21-2010 7:14 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

emabonacchi:

But my answer is: so, is not possible to listen to the radio with Beolab2??....

For the DVD1 a CINCH<>CINCH - DIGITAL CABLE should be connected from "digital out"
    of your DVD1 to one of the two "digital in" sockets of your DD-Module (nearby your PowerLink
    sockets and depending of your settings in the menue "Sources/Sockets") 

Smile

IF     : "Subwoofer" in the setup menue is set to "YES"
              AND (the Powerlink-Cable is wired to the "INPUT" of your BLb2
              AND the volume of your SUB is set correctly in the menue

THEN: "Subwoofer" should play (LED going to green) at all audio and video sources automatically

ELSE : check, after carefully reading your USER GUIDE, all settings/cables again ...

IF      : "Subwoofer still not working"

THEN : let a qualified b&o serviceman check your system e.g. for a broken cable / hardware defect / ... 

• 07-21-2010 8:11 AM In reply to

I have done the setup on my dvd player, setting the audio output on 'Dolby digital', and now the subwoofer works great with dvd!

.........but it still not works with radio.

Maybe i have to set the radio too? On the user manual there is no about....

• 07-21-2010 8:16 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

????  LED on SUB remains "red" when selecting "CD" or "Radio" ????

Anyway - I'd recommend a power reset - DISCONNECTING all components
    TV/DVD/AUDIO ... from mains and waiting 2 minutes before restoring power ...
    and after reconnecting - wait a minute before you start the system again.

Sometimes this helps!

• 07-21-2010 8:39 AM In reply to

Led on sub, become green when i select cd or radio, but no sound from sub....

Sound from sub only playing a dvd dolby digital.

I go and try to do a 2 minutes reset......

• 07-21-2010 10:45 AM In reply to

Just a thought.

I think that perhaps you've connected the sub to the "centre" powerlink instead of the Sub.

Both powerlinkconnectors are located in the middle section. Normally the centre powerlink at a BV5 isn't used but mayby the plastic cap has been removed?

I've installed a BV9 ALT speaker into my BV5 and uses the centre powerlinksocket in the middle.

So, I have the same situation. At radio the centerspeaker switches on, but does not produce music. This should be and is ok for radio (speaker 2 thing).

Another question(s).

If you use the speaker level option in the sound menu, all things go well? Left front is really the left front speaker and so on?

Try another speaker for rear.

Which software do you have in your soundmodule? Version 2.4 is available, below 2.2 you won't have DTS.

• 07-21-2010 11:23 AM In reply to

..........scuse me Beobuddy, but can you try to explain with simpliest words?...... It's because i don't speak english very well.....

Everything in setup (front left, front right.....) goes well, and with dvd, i can hear beolab2 working very fine.

But if i listen to the radio (beosound ouverture), beolab turns on (green led), but does not play music.

In the rear of beovision, i have only one powerlink where i can connect the subwoofer..... I have 5 powerlink on the rear panel, 2 for the front speaker, 2 for the rear speaker and one for the sub.

I don't know what software i have.... i am not so expert. My beovision is 2002 year, i think it has his original software.

• 07-21-2010 11:59 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Beobuddy:

I think that perhaps you've connected the sub to the "centre" powerlink instead of the Sub.

Both powerlinkconnectors are located in the middle section. Normally the centre powerlink at
    a BV5 isn't used but mayby the plastic cap has been removed?

Good idea!

Viewing towards the back of your TV/Dolby module
    (PL means Powerlink-Socket / Cinch for Digital-Cable e.g. DVD)  

Upper:   PL-FRONT    EMPTY       PL-FRONT   Cinch-Digital IN#1

Lower:   PL-REAR    PL-SUBW.   PL-REAR      Cinch-Digital IN#2

• 07-21-2010 2:15 PM In reply to

Exact, my rear is exactly as you describe.

So?.....

I connected sub to PL-SUBW. Have i wrong?

• 07-21-2010 2:19 PM In reply to

I have a plastic cap between front left and front right Powerlink, so i have connected subwoofer in the middle powerlink between rear left and rear right speaker powerlink.....

• 07-21-2010 3:07 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

emabonacchi:

I have a plastic cap between front left and front right Powerlink, so i have connected subwoofer in the middle powerlink between rear left and rear right speaker powerlink.....

That's exactly the right place for the SUB-PL-Cable

Please keep in mind - Mainstream-FM-Radio is, in many cases, "tailored" to car-audio ... 

Result is: little dynamics (all the time more or less the same volume) and no deep frequencies.

Crosscheck with a other FM station playing classical music and/or a good CD  -

If there is output from the SUB it's very likely that the FM broadcast of your
    favorite station contains to little/no bass to be audible from your subwoofer ...  

• 07-22-2010 5:44 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

If SUB goes to "green" but no/little output on CD AND RADIO please check again:
    ?? is value for "Subwoofer" in menue "adjustment" correctly set ??

- start a good sounding CD pressing "CD" and then "MENU" - it will take a short
    time till the screen opens to show the menue - then proceed going to

- > "setup" > "sound" > "adjustment"

- adjust volume level to a "normal" volume

- make, if desired, adjustments to "bass" and/or "treble" and 
      set the relative-level for the sub to the suitable amount.

(The sound should neither be "BOOMY" nor "TINNY" - the Sub should
    simply blend into the sound)

- you will STORE ALL VALUES (Volume/Bass/.../Subwoofer) of menue "adjustemt" by pressing "GO" 

• 07-22-2010 9:49 AM In reply to

Has it ever worked before??

I ask this question because a BV5 from 2002 is probably a mkI, which is (almost) the same as the Avant mkIII. These soundmodules where slightly different from the later ones.

Another thing is, the sub is a dedicated output from the AC3 decoder/ic and not rerouted through the AV-board (14), like the left and rightchannel are. So, there comes my doubts if it will ever work. Probably it will only work with digital audio input (spdif) and DD/DTS.

Another option:

Connect the front powerlink to the sub (set sub to "off") and then from the sub to the left and right front speakers.

In this case the soundprocessing for the sub is done by the sub itself and not by the BV5. This option isn't very beautifull, but it will work definately. Choose under speaker options for front "penta".

Question: Does the sub work with DTS-tracks (NOT DOLBY DIGITAL ). If not then you may have older software.

Check via: menu, setup, 0,0, GO, check under monitor information and "DSM"  IC607.

New software can be placed just by placing another chip. But more difficult then with an avant, because you have to remove the chassis. And that's far more work. 

Page 1 of 1 (23 items)